Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Spikes on 22 January, 2023, 09:35:24 PMFour years gone..... lot of catching up to do.....

Any original art to share with us?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2023, 12:48:06 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 22 January, 2023, 09:35:24 PMFour years gone..... lot of catching up to do.....

Good call. Whip um out Spikes

Any original art to share with us?

The Legendary Shark

One million seconds is around eleven and a half days.

One billion seconds is around thirty one and a half years.

One trillion seconds is is around thirty two thousand years.

Elon Musk has $178.3 billion, which equates to 5,650 years.

Boris Johnson currently has a net worth of £2.9 million, which equates to about 34 days.

I can scrape together maybe 200 quid if I raid my piggy bank. Just over 3 minutes.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's crazy that even if 99% of Musk's wealth was somehow wiped out, he would still be a billionaire.
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

Last weekend I flagrantly violated all the rules of bachelor cooking by making stuffing.
The breaches of the Bachelor Cooking Code are as follows:
'That's more than three ingredients.'
'That's more than one cooking process.'
'That's a lot of fuss over something you're just going to shovel into your face.'

The fact is, though, I got so damn sick of my own cooking during lockdown that I've been gradually jazzing things up ever since.

The recipe, for those who would follow me down this lonely road:

Melt a quantity of butter in a big saucepan. If you have to ask how much, then you clearly misunderstand the fundamental nature of butter, where the concept of 'too much' shouldn't apply.

Get a good, big, fist-sized onion and chop it up really small. Put the chopped-up onion in the melted butter.

Grill four rashers. While you're at it, you might as well do as many rashers as you can fit under the grill. Then you can have rasher sandwiches.

Go back to the saucepan. Are the onions done enough? Yeah, probably.
Sprinkle a quantity of thyme into the saucepan. How much? Again, let me point out that you have the wrong attitude. Does it look about right? Does it smell nice? OK – job done.

Make rasher sandwiches. Leave some rashers aside and chop them up as small as you can. Add them to the saucepan.

Stir in half a bag of breadcrumbs. How big a bag? How should I know? They only have one size in the supermarket. Don't use more than half because you want to get another batch out of this somewhere down the line.

That's it. Shovel it into your face at your leisure. Freeze it. Add it to other stuff – I don't care.

Congratulations: you are now one step further removed from the apes, even though you have betrayed everything you've stood for since you first left home.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

I would add one further breach:

Why are you using a bowl/plate, when you can just eat it directly from the pot or over the sink?

JohnW

I throw myself upon the mercy of the court.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

That is known as a 'lockdown bowl' in my house.
See also eating sandwiches or cake straight off the breadboard - "I'll just use a lockdown plate."
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

You guys have saucepans, crockery, and breadboards? 

Swish, guys. Real swish.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Today I had to give a talk to secondary students to try and entice them into studying history in college. Obviously, I hit them with a 14th-century Icelandic text coupled with some 12th-century Irish dynastic propaganda, along with a little bit of the monastic annals for good measure.
Hot stuff, as you can well appreciate.

It was only as I was putting things together that I realised that these are the very sources I first encountered in Sláine: Time Killer, with Fabry and Pugh doing the battle of Clontarf.

Of course I didn't mention any of that old comics stuff to these kids. I wouldn't want them thinking I'm uncool, now would I?

The Legendary Shark

"Uncool"? Man, you're so hip it's a wonder you can get your pants on.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

I'm "down with the kids", so I am!

Has anyone heard from the Bear recently?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 19 February, 2023, 12:25:10 AMHas anyone heard from the Bear recently?

I thought you *were* the bear.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 19 February, 2023, 12:25:10 AMHas anyone heard from the Bear recently?

I believe they've made a documentary film about his cocaine habit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"