Started by W. R. Logan, 11 July, 2012, 02:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

W. R. Logan

Goaty

Well Dredd 2012's Lawmaster looks fab!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: mcn on 11 July, 2012, 02:24:47 PM
...diehard Judge Dredd fans, however, are so far not particularly impressed.

He's talking about us!  :D
@jamesfeistdraws

Michaelvk

They had to use that pic, didn't they?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green

Frank

"Whereabouts of the bikes are unknown, although one machine is known to have been destroyed"

Wasn't it Carlos's original design that got trashed by the '95 film? The idea that Stallone's moped might once have been the most expensive bike build in film history is surely proof that there's no direct correlation between bigger budgets and better results.

R.E the feature on the new bike: I don't think that rotten picture's the problem. The bike undoubtedly looks about a hundred times better in the trailer, but the difference is largely a result of the the bike's impressive turn of speed. The new film's bike works brilliantly on film and in motion, but the basic design's no more aesthetically pleasing than what's shown in that horrible first sneak picture.

I'd say the biggest problem with that on set snap is the silly posture of the stunt rider, but that doesn't seem to be a problem in the clips from the trailer.

JOE SOAP

Urban had the guts to ride the thing in all his shots.

Stallone required a 'special' actor's version for his.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 July, 2012, 07:48:03 PM
Urban had the guts to ride the thing in all his shots.

Stallone required a 'special' actor's version for his.

You mean he had a set of stabilizers and tassels on his ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Steve Green

Quote from: bikini kill on 11 July, 2012, 07:33:55 PM

"Whereabouts of the bikes are unknown, although one machine is known to have been destroyed"

Wasn't it Carlos's original design that got trashed by the '95 film? The idea that Stallone's moped might once have been the most expensive bike build in film history is surely proof that there's no direct correlation between bigger budgets and better results.

R.E the feature on the new bike: I don't think that rotten picture's the problem. The bike undoubtedly looks about a hundred times better in the trailer, but the difference is largely a result of the the bike's impressive turn of speed. The new film's bike works brilliantly on film and in motion, but the basic design's no more aesthetically pleasing than what's shown in that horrible first sneak picture.

I'd say the biggest problem with that on set snap is the silly posture of the stunt rider, but that doesn't seem to be a problem in the clips from the trailer.

I don't actually mind the Stallone bikes from the back - the destroyed bike was presumably the one the stunt rider trashed in the shot where he's riding through flames, and is why it cuts away to a reaction shot.

But yeah, the Stallone bikes never really seemed to get above 20mph, which is one area where the new version demolishes the old one.

Goaty

Stallone's Lawmaster looks shit, and 20MPH? with Stunt driver...

At least the Dark Knight's Batpod looks better, and of course it driving by stunt driver and very costs...

Fisticuffs

The Batpod (I hate that name) does at least prove that it's not only possible to make a bike with mahooosive tires, but that it can be ridden effectively at speed too.

Steve Green

Provided you have deep enough bat-pockets, yes.

JOE SOAP

The Batpod can only be steered at speed with a strong pair of shoulders -not with your hands- that's why it must be ridden lying down. Since the Lawmaster's a patrol bike, it should be a bike that can be ridden sitting upright.

MR. ELIMINATOR

They could have just got a chopper bike though, right? The tires don't look that fat on the new one.