Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Sinister Dexter vs. Diaboliks Rd 4 Heat 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 July, 2022, 06:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Magnetica

Quote from: davidbishop on 14 July, 2022, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 14 July, 2022, 07:50:54 AM
Sinister Dexter.

It was responsible, along with Dante in reviving the Prog in the 00's.

As much as I like Diaboliks, it's got to be our favourite gun sharks.

FWIW, both Dante and SinDex are second half of the 1990s thrills - from Dark Bish-Op's Reign of Terror.

Sure, but they carried on into the noughties and if I am remembering correctly there were a lot of Progs with Dredd, Dante and Sin Dex around that time. It seemed that they were carrying the Prog.

Colin YNWA

I have to be honest I thought Sinister Dexter was going to be run closer that it has been here. Its not entirely dominated but coming into the final day its going to take a big aswing to take this one away from them.

BPP

SinDex is a strip that varies wildly with the art team involved - the actual writing is as sure footed as 2000ad gets. Whereas diaboliks is the strip I currently enjoy more both for art and narrative. But... sinDex just has the body of work so for those stone cold classic Simon Davis years sinDex gets the nod.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Richard

QuoteFWIW, both Dante and SinDex are second half of the 1990s thrills - from Dark Bish-Op's Reign of Terror.

I always think of that entire decade as being mediocre, but actually it wasn't; it's more just a case of all the years of the 90s being tarred with the same brush as the actual terrible years, of which were really only a few -- and those were mainly before Bishop became editor (1995).

By then, Wagner was back on Dredd and The Pit had started. Sinister Dexter began almost at once, and Nikolai Dante after a year. Durham Red: The Scarlet Cantos a year after that. By then I think the prog was going from strength to strength (in quality if not necessarily in sales).

So I don't think Bishop was a terrible editor. It's just easy to lump him in with the rest of the 90s by mistake.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So there was nothing to worry about the gunsharks were locked and loaded for votes and while Diaboliks is a great new thrill it didn't commend the level of love and respect that Finny and Ramone can muster. As I have said many times before and folks have said here it did help turn the comic around after th lull of the 90s.

Sinister Dexter

Will be coming to a fact totem near you in Round 4.

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one - that one-off in the new Sci Fi Special proves that sin/Dex can still deliver.  Diaboliks is a great story but the Downlode duo are iconic.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me