General Chat > Film & TV

MCU TV: Werewolf By Night

(1/4) > >>

Jim_Campbell:
Didn't want to start a new topic, but couldn't see an appropriate thread to tack this onto!

That was fucking great!

Also, my wife wants to adopt 'Ted'.

Kinda sorry I didn't save it for actual Halloween, now, but… we didn't have anything to watch last night. :-)

Thoroughly recommended for those with a Disney+ sub.

Jim_Campbell:
(Actually, while I'm here and on the general MCU TV subject — how great has She-Hulk been?!)

IndigoPrime:
Really fun series. Maslany predictably excellent. Dreadful CGI on the lead. And I absolutely fucking hated the ending of the current episode, which also soured the show for my wife, who said it felt “rapey”. A pretty big misstep for me, but then basically all these Marvel shows have failed to stick the landing.

Tiplodocus:
Yeah, She Hulk has been a lot of fun.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 October, 2022, 10:22:22 PM ---A pretty big misstep for me

--- End quote ---

Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree — it was certainly a gut punch, but it seemed in keeping with the meta-commentary that's underpinned the series. The show is heavily women-led and I thought the message here (that even if you're pretty much impervious to physical harm, these incel troll fucks will find a way to hurt you) had a ring of truth to it, unpleasant and depressing as that truth might be.

Where they go with it for the finale certainly has the potential to go awfully wrong in numerous ways, but I'm hopeful that the writers will pick their way through the minefield.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version