General Chat > Film & TV

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

(1/3) > >>

Barrington Boots:
Been watching these on Netflix and halfway through the series so far. There's some good names involved and overall a bit of a Masters of Horror vibe and generally pretty good: Episode 2 was a bit slapstick but suitably creepy at the end, whilst Episode 3 (Autopsy) is especially excellent, as you'd hope from something based off a Michael Shea short story. I then skipped ahead to watch Pickmans Model, which was alright but suffered a lot from being padded out to an hours runtime. Anyone else checked these out?

moly:
Autopsy was a great episode highly recommended

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
I've only seen three- Graveyard Rats, which I very much enjoyed as an adaptation of Kuttner's story, and which I thought benefited from crowbarring in the Lovecraftian Mythos stuff, seeing as Kuttner was originally part of that circle. Also, Pickman's Model was, I thought, a half-decent adaptation stretched beyond its limits, which ended up just about breaking even. Dreams in the Witch House, however, was beyond awful. Lovecraft's story turned into a limp Harry Potter fan-film. It's not often I watch an HPL adaptation and fail to find anything within that arguably added extra (if completely different) elements of enjoyment, but Witch House managed it. Pitiful. Shits in the Shit House, more like.

SBT

The Legendary Shark:

The rats one was excellent. Most of the rest were okay or meh.

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 16 November, 2022, 07:02:49 PM ---Dreams in the Witch House, however, was beyond awful. Lovecraft's story turned into a limp Harry Potter fan-film. It's not often I watch an HPL adaptation and fail to find anything within that arguably added extra (if completely different) elements of enjoyment, but Witch House managed it. Pitiful. Shits in the Shit House, more like.

--- End quote ---

I watched that one yesterday, and it had me wondering whether to even bother continuing with the series. Shits in the Shit House indeed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version