Main Menu

What are your favourite non-2000AD comics?

Started by Fifty, 26 January, 2002, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

I absolutely love Akira.  

The bit where Tetsuo kills Yamagata is up there with when Johnny Alpha says to Max Bubba "Because I hate You".  Yamagata is about to shoot Tetsuo.  On the next page, his head flips back, you see his upside down view of Kaneda and then his head explodes all over Kaneda.  Stunning.

The story and art are both absolutely incredible.  I have only read the first book so far, although I have the next two on order.  (In English and Japanese)

I haven't seen the film, but I have a republication version in Japanese - it is fully coloured and I think it might be the story as it is in the film, but I'm not sure.

I also love Lone Wolf and Cub.  Ogami Itto is one cool guy.  I've read the first ten published by Dark Horse comics, but actually find it hard to get hold of them in English 'cos I live in Japan.  I'm going to get a few more from Amazon soon.

Japanese stuff is way better than American stuff I reckon.  The only American stuff I like is Batman:  The Dark Knight Returns and a few Spiderman stories.  I thought that the Kingdom stories were very average.

Anyway, what else is good?  What do you folks like?

kraken

hELLO AGAIN FOLKS!
I used to get da Incredible Hulk.
I liked it a lot.
I tink when Mr. peter david used to write it.
But, unfortunately, its a big pile of 'stuck to my shoe' shit now.
Er.. hellBoy is quite nice.
Um...Bye again.