Main Menu

Have any of you bought any 2000AD original artwork?

Started by Fifty, 28 January, 2002, 08:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

I bought a page of Nikolai Dante from "The Battleship Potemkin".  I haven't actually seen it yet 'cos it is with my folks in England, but I am proud of it anyway.  My folks say it is good.

I tried to buy some stuff from Carl Critchlow (esp. some old Thrud stuff) but unfortunately he didn't want to sell any.

I'd love to won some Bisley or Ezquerra, or even some of the comparitively more recent artists. (Flint/Irving/Burns/Siku)

What I would really love though is some Katsuhiro Otomo.  I believe I have mentioned before that I love the page where Tetsuo kills Yamagata in Akira.  I'd LOVE to own that.

paulvonscott

I have a page of Skizz, which i bought when interest in 2000AD was waning.  It sums up my time in Birmingham, and I'm very pleased to have  bot of history  I can't imagine ever owning any more though.

If I did, I'd probably want some Ezquerra.  Dredd, Johnny Alpha etc.

Trough

Yep, I've got a page of McMahon's original Cursed Earth artwork; specifically, the page where Satanus smashes into the jail and starts cramming prisoners into "his maw" (Scottish people should not laugh at this point).  Ohhhhh it's luvverly.

Oh yeah - I've also got a Daily Star Dredd, by Ron Smith.  That's jolly nice too.

Trough, cognescenti

2000AD Online

Sorry, the best I can do is a drawing of Venus Bluegenes Will Simspon did for me at a signing and some BATO pages by Alan Davis.

Mudcrab

I've got a SB Davis Sinister Dexter page. Damn good it is too, even complete with terrible joke.

"I don't like this Ramone, the lady boss is far too exposed!"

"Ay, Vayase! Mountineers could get lost in that crevice!"

Also a ltd screen print of Joe Pineapples by Bisley.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

I have the first page of Harlem Heroes from prog 16 (Dave Gibbons drawing Artie Gruber), a Steve Dillon Dredd page with Anderson on it as well, a Belardinelli Dan Dare center spread, a Cam Kennedy Rogue Trooper and an SB Davis Sinister Dexter with a 2CV on it (from around prog 1206).

The problem is how to display them...I've got most of these at work, apart from the Dan Dare which isn't framed yet.

Wake

Skellington

I bought the last page of an episode of Nemesis, Gothic Empire. Where Torquemada reveals his burnt face as he steps out of the shadows wearing a ripper type costume.

I loved that story, one of my all time favourites and I about shat when I saw it for sale at the last Dreddcon. I bought Luthor Awkright too and Brian Talbot signed it and drew a little picture of me in the front! Top Bloke

esoteric ed

I have the Ian Gibson Dredd page from Prog 17 where Joe kills "Call Me Kenneth" and the page from "In The Year 2120" where Dredd watches the clock tick over into new year.

Nice items.

Ed