Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadlyDrawnKano

That's awesome, I love stories like that, and it sounds like an amazing store. Sometimes when I think about the possibility of retiring (which is a long way away as I'm currently 49 and not flush with money) I really like the idea of working a couple of days a week part time at a comic shop. I doubt any would have me (whenever I go in to FP, Gosh or Mega City One the staff have been really friendly, but also about half my age) but hey, it's fun to think about on occasion.

BadlyDrawnKano

I also meant to mention that the Oxfam bookshop near Angel tube station has a sod load of comics for £1 a go at the moment, including quite a lot of Hellblazer, Garth Ennis's Punisher, and various Batman titles. On the downside they also have a section where the comics are between £3 and £4 and they're fairly well known titles and could be bought for less, while in the window they have Sandman 75 for £23, which is just madness. But, er, I don't want to put anyone off going, and the £1 section is a fairly decent size, I wouldn't say it's worth a trip to London on its own, but if you happen to be nearby I'd recommend popping in.

rogue69

Humble Bundle has all 36 volumes of Mike Mignola's B.R.P.B for at least £23.84 raising money for The Hero Initative charity
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/mike-mignolas-bprd-dark-horse-books?

IndigoPrime

And the Hellboy books as a cheap add-on if you didn't get that before. (I will note: if you've not read BPRD, it's very different from Hellboy. Relentlessly grim. And although Mignola mostly sticks the ending, the entire arc that came before it is... not good. Still, worth a punt at that price, even if it lacks the Abe Sapien books.)