Main Menu

Recent posts

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:50:21 PM
The Al Ewing Mega Collection book is a really great collection. And he certainly had the tone down. But... he left. I mean, I'm sure he had good reasons, but his body of work is contained, finite and done. So, for me, while I enjoyed those tales, I'd place Niemand in a different space now. Not everything he writes land, but his hit rate for me is really impressive. And I hugely appreciate his seeming interesting and willingness in the smaller stories – not just massive epics or ongoing arcs designed to shake everything up.
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 04:48:29 PM
Haven't you been reading your Damage Report? Its all explained there.
General / Re: Exposition Death Screams
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 04:44:18 PM
A retro-AIIIEEEEE! from Sinister Dexter in "The Gangbusters":

General / Re: Exposition Death Screams
Last post by GoGilesGo - Today at 04:24:01 PM
The original run of Fiends of the Eastern Front, which was otherwise tremendous, has a few of these very clunky Show AND Tell moments. This is one of the worst

Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 04:22:43 PM
Quote from: AlexF on Today at 04:12:45 PMYou make a compelling case that he IS the best non-Wagner to write Dredd, he sure evokes the early-ish funny ones in ways that few others have, without getting bogged down in telling his own long-running mini-sagas (coughWillimasWyattCarrollcough).

Agreed, I would add 'current' to that sentence, as the Ale-Wing droid is still up there with the big W for me.
Last post by AlexF - Today at 04:12:45 PM
My own rough scribbles -and i'd really have to cehck this but as you say it's tricky! - put the Neimand Count at 138 episodes for 2000AD/Megazine/Specials. One day I'll have to read over the lot and write up a 'Heroes' entry for him.

You make a compelling case that he IS the best non-Wagner to write Dredd, he sure evokes the early-ish funny ones in ways that few others have, without getting bogged down in telling his own long-running mini-sagas (coughWillimasWyattCarrollcough).
General / Exposition Death Screams
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 03:05:07 PM
Best thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 02:29:10 PM
Maybe Glinner and Growling are lawyering up, buoyed by their recent culture war victories and looking to sue Rebellion?
Creative Common / Re: Cover Puns
Last post by nxylas - Today at 02:24:15 PM
Quote from: Vector14 on Today at 11:04:10 AMWow! I just looked it up and you're right. Never seen that before. Very 90's.
To quote Kent Brockman (who was talking about the '60s), "what a shrill, pointless decade that was".
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 02:13:09 PM

Well, maybe, but if it's just a routine locking of inactive threads how are we to explain this?

Has the site been hacked by liberal extremists? Is Rebellion trying to distance itself from dissenting voices? Did Burt spill oil into Tharg's website-o-tron? Thrill-suckers? Gremlins? A random glitch? 

I'm not saying there's any underhandedness going on here, because I don't know what's going on, but I am intrigued as to why this suddenly happened for no apparent reason.