Main Menu

Has Santa got a dirty secret hidden in his sack?

Started by skurvy, 11 July, 2005, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skurvy

Working in advertising I often hear rubbish spouting from the mouths of suits when we're presenting advertising concepts to them eg. "I don't like green" or "I don't like humour". Had one the other day which really took the biscuit.

We're having to do adverts for a very well known high street retailer for their Xmas temporary staff recruitment campaign, the headline was "Get a better position this Christmas" and the visual idea was Santa sitting on a little boys lap in his grotto reading off HIS christmas list and the boy looking very disgruntled. The suits took one look at this and it was 'ARRGGGHHHH - PAEDOGEDDON!" I couldn't believe, I did argue that this is Santa! and that all over the country little boys and girls will be sitting on his lap this christmas but they weren't having it - as far as they were concerned this Santa was a paedophile.

Is it me or is Santa the new Michael Jackson?

johnnystress

It's sad but I've read that a lot of shops won't let the kids sit on Santas lap anymore in case the parents cry " kiddyfiddler"

sign of the times

they would probabaly do him for trespass as well

Woolly

He always wears red.
He knows if your naughty or nice.
He distributes gifts evenly.

Santa's a commie!

Woolly

http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/images/humor/commie.jpg">

Bico

That says a great deal about the people you work with, Skurvy, in the same way that Freudian psychiatrists say a lot more about themselves than their patients when they start using a man who thought it was normal to want to sleep with your own mum as a good example of mental health.
Your suited friends have what normal people (not Tom Cruise, though) would call 'issues'.

LARF

Skurve - does sound a bit like a kiddy fiddler advert.

How about different sexual positions with nimble lady elves instead, that shouldn't get up their noses... :-)

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Satanist

I once made an Xmas card which I sent to my mates.
On the front it said "what does santa do the rest of the year".

Inside I'd drawn santa shagging rudolph wheelbarrow style. Mates loved it but their parents werent too keen.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Satanist

...Oh and its a shame about the advert but thats just the way the world is these days.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

skurvy

Larf - we went with elves in the end, no shagging though.

Thought I should clarify me idea of a 'suit' in case i offended anyone. It doesn't mean someone who has to wear a shirt and tie to work, rather it means someone who is more than happy to take the credit for your work but won't take the blame for their own f**k-ups. You know the type.

LARF

Skurve - I'm in the same game mate, know the type: 'All the flash gear and no creative idea.'

;-)

Bico

ming

Has anyone seen Bad Santa (Billy Bob Thornton)?

skurvy

No, is it any good? He was good in A Simple Plan. And until recently I thought he was a fool for leaving Angelina Jolie, but now seeing who she's shagging now I think he made the right decision. Oh, Angelina I thought you were different but you're just the same as all the others.

ming

Well I thought it was quite good.  Santa as you've never seen him before (but as you've often suspected him).  As a foul-mouthed, drunken, lecherous and criminal doofus - with a heart of gold, natch.
Rent it this Christmas, and revel in the true spirit of the season, I'd say!