Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

don't suppose anyone who is active on the facebook could ask about canon fodder? you will be repaid in the eternal gratitude of a sad fanboy

moly

The monarch have asked on the Facebook page for you

The Monarch

Max Headroom

Something that I would really like to see in this extension is a further 'Bad Company' book which would feature the stories 'First Casualties' and 'Terrorists'. This would bring us right up to date with the series and although it would be a fairly slim edition at approximately 150 pages, this is still more than some past volumes
(Slaine: Book of Scars for example).

Tomwe

Maybe Rufus' Bad Company series partnered with Counterfeit Girl?

abelardsnazz

I'm about halfway through Devlin Waugh: A Very Large Splash and loving it immensely. Rory, Mike and Ales have got to the heart of the character and just run with it, tremendous stuff. Looking forward to the rest. is there enough for another volume in the extension extension extension?

The Monarch

i may be wrong but i am pretty sure other than the current running story and the small part of the zombie crossover he was in theres only like one more waugh story at the moment?

moly

Latest issues delivered today 135 and 136, with the extension being confirmed it would be nice to see the extended extension spine art

Bad Andy

I've just received 128 & 128 as I went on a six month hiatus while funds were 'fluid' during COVID and Hachette has just reinstated my sub after cancelling it because one postie didnt bother actually posting a set and just sent it back.

Tomontherun94

A couple of Zenith volumes are planned but please bear in mind that this is subject to change. We have no current plans for the rest of the titles you've asked about.

Thanks!
From the same FB post confirming Armoured Gideon. 3 volumes now confirmed, 37 to go! The titles seemingly de-confirmed were Summer Magic, Big Dave and Scarlet Traces.

IndigoPrime

Zenith will presumably be collected across two volumes, then. I already have the Rebellion set, so all stick with them. Summer Magic not being in there is a bit of a surprise. Big Dave... is not. No Scarlet Traces is a crying shame. It's such a good series. Ah well.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 November, 2022, 05:52:20 PM
Summer Magic not being in there is a bit of a surprise. Big Dave... is not.

Isn't it the case that Fleetway (as it was then) actively returned the rights to Big Dave to Morrison/Millar (and, presumably, Steve Parkhouse) so it simply wouldn't be in Rebellion's power to reprint the series even if they wanted to, without negotiating a new deal with the creators...? (ISTR reading that the rights were handed back to avoid having to publish a final, contentious Big Dave story.)

Alan McKenzie simply asserted that he had the rights to Summer Magic based on a fairly flimsy argument that it's not worth rehashing here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Monarch

absolutely hilarious to me that the only appearance big dave will get is a cameo in sinister dexter where hes partially covered

The Corinthian

The big issue around Luke Kirby might be that by licensing publishing rights to an external publisher, Rebellion could be opening an exciting new legal avenue by which McKenzie could claim ownership. But then I thought that about Zenith and Morrison and now that might be happening so I'm probably dead wrong.

The Monarch

actually isn't scarlet traces owned by the creative team? I know button man is so that ain't happened neither