Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Round 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 March, 2021, 06:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

1. Mechanismo - a big hitter
2. City of the Damned - also a big hitter, but slightly weaker in places (not Dillon though, he's awesome)
3. The chief judge's man - hanging on in my top 3... for now....

I can see this is going to get interesting as we progress!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Rogue Judge

1. Mechanismo (MacNeil art...story with long lasting repercussions. And although a series of separate stories, Mechanismo still feels like an epic)
2. City of the Damned (The most epic feeling epic so far)
3. Hunting Party (The art is awesome and the story fun)

HM to Darkside, this was a pleasant surprise reading the case files as I hadn't heard of it and was deep into the story when I realized I was reading an epic. I liked the story more than  the art (and coloring)

Funt Solo

1st: Mechanismo
2nd: City of the Damned
3rd: Robot Wars II: Revenge of the Droids (aka Doomsday)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

1. City of the Damned
2. Mechanisms
3. Chief Judge's Man

SBT

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 01 March, 2021, 10:21:35 AM
To me, the Mechanismo trilogy feels as if it was conceived as one story, broken up by the passage of time.

It's worth remembering, of course, that Book II of Mechanismo takes place within hours of Book I ending!
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

New top for me in Mechanismo - not only great, but much needed - I wouldn't be here today f the only Dredd available in the early 90s was of the Millar/Morrison variety.

Mechanismo - Megs 2.12-2.17; 2.22-2.26; 2.37-2.43

City of the Damned - Progs 393-406

The Hunting Party - Progs 1033-1049

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

1. mandroid 2
2. chief judge's man
3. city of the damned

Colin YNWA

As is becoming standard these feel all too brief, but I'll stick with it to keep the momentum going. To that end last day for this one. Get your votes in today and I'll count up and announce the result in the morning so we can have the second vote start Thursday. Get um in folks.

BPP

1 - city of the dammed
2 - mechanismo
3 - chief judges man

Honourable mention for mandroid 2 which suffers from being seperated from its origin story in this ranking. Combined they would have taken 2nd spot.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

1. City of the Damned. Holding the top spot for me, short and sweet,  great concept,  great art, some of the strip's greatest moments.
3. Mechanismo. Brilliant idea and action, suffers a tiny bit from being repetitive across its 3 parts, and the general downward trajectory of the art from Colin's blue-skyed gorefest.
3. Doomsday. Doesn't quite deliver everything it promises, and after a great start the art flags somewhat in the Prog parts, but Narcos is a great villain with  a wonderfully low-key ending (I keep waiting for him to return TBH),  and it got me back into reading the comic regularly so maximum bonus points.

Bolt-01

Yeah, Narcos is still out there, isn't he?

Now I want a story showing Narcos trying to get himself back into a position to start rebuilding his empire, only to fail and have to bail into a succession of inferior droids only to realise too late that his mental capacity diminished with each copy before settling down to service munce dispensers.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 March, 2021, 11:24:58 AM
Yeah, Narcos is still out there, isn't he?

He was summarily executed in the street by a ring of Judges - but I think I prefer your idea!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

At last, a bona fide classic enters the fray. I suspect Mechanismo will be hanging around this contest for a long time, before the really big hitters (you know what they are) appear.

1. Mechanismo
2. Chief Judge's Man
3. Doomsday

skurvy

1. City of the damned
2. Mechanismo
3. Chief Judge's man

Andy B

1. Doomsday
2. Mechanismo
3. Chief Judge's Man