Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Feral and Foe vs. Durham Red Rd 3 Heat 54

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 June, 2022, 06:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Funt Solo

Quote from: Magnetica on 22 June, 2022, 11:54:43 PM
For me it's simply good fun and I welcome it every time it's it the Prog. I'd even go as far as to say if the Abnett Elson combo can only do one strip at a time, I want it to be this over Kingdom.

I'd go along with that - mostly because it felt like they'd dried up a little bit on Kingdom themselves. Feral & Foe - I really enjoy. I know that its self-awareness grates for some, making it a bit of a Marmite strip, but it's my kinda Marmite. (And I hate Marmite, so really it's my kinda blackberry jam.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Although I was a little suspicious of Kingdom at first (bit Thunderdome language vibes), it quickly turned into one of my favourite 2000 AD strips. But also, I like where it ended up. There's surely space for more stories, but I won't be upset if we don't get any. (I would have been had it just stopped, say, two books earlier. COUGH Brass Sun COUGH.)

Blue Cactus

Feral and Foe I think. I like Red well enough but it has been a very inconsistent strip which hasn't allowed her to have much character development over the years. Hopefully the current version, which I'm really enjoying, will rectify that.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Colin YNWA

Think one thrill has really pulled away here, which is surprising as I thought it would be much closer than it appears to be but my eye scans have decieved me in the past and as such those last day votes might change things. I'll count up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Thought Durham Red would have put up more of a fight here. The strip has had some many rich and interesting interations, from classic Carlos and Alan Grant, Mark Harrison, then Mark Harrison and Dabnett himself and the recent hard western thrillers (my personal fav) but no. The power of a new Dabnett strip dominated here. Backed up with Rich Elson's muscular art

Feral and Foe

will be bickering into Round 4