Main Menu

PROG 1810: RoBusters The Disaster Squad of Distinction - Assemble

Started by Tjm86, 17 November, 2012, 12:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Wurble, Wurble Skulp!

Score out of 10:  are you kidding?  out of a measly 10!

Ok so maybe this should have been renamed the Judge Dredd Megazine with heavy emphasis on the MEG!  Dredd shoots straight out of the gates with a story jump that leaves you breathless.  I'm seriously considering starting a Downing Street petition for Messrs Flint and Ewing on this one.  And that ending ..... 

Low Life.  D'israeli is perfect for the mania that is Dirty Frank and the comedy genius!   "Well, Drirty Frank didn't see THAT coming!"

Simping Detective proves that Simon Coleby is the perfect successor to Frazer Irving on this strip.  Love the subtle use of colour.  "More guilt'n a Catholic contraceptive."  Superb!

ABC Warriors bringing us full circle to the early days of Starlord.  Ok so Mr Mills is letting his political colours show as usual and can't resist the opportunity to swipe at British Colonial History but I think we can forgive him his usual lack of subtlety in light of everything else he has done for us over the years.  Much prefer Mr Langley's art on this.  Although it is rougher it is far more suited to the comic strip narrative than his CGI work.  Although I wouldn't say no to the odd double splash page.  Perhaps a resurrection of the old colour centre pages?

Brass Sun crawls inexorably on.  Looking forward to reading this in full.  Perhaps if it had not been crammed in against everything else this prog it might have shone far more brightly.  That said, still an excellent read.

I am now going to go and have a lie down as this sort of standard is a little overwhelming!

The Amstor Computer

Only read Dredd so far, so quickly skipping any spoilers above!

Great episode of Dredd, though - my suspicions about the title ("The Cold Deck", indeed) prove true, but Al keeps it barreling along and he and Flint serve up a fantastic final panel.

Looking forward to reading the link-in strips later, and seeing what's going in ABCs... :-)

vzzbux

If the outcome in Dredd goes through with Bachmann's plans then the Justice dept dies. Plain and simple.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

oshii

I do like the way Flint is drawing Dredd's helmet with a deep gouge in it, a bit like the film.  It looks brilliant.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Trout

The Monarch

I gotta say if Mister Wagner decided to retire and Mr Ewing would be his sucessor on Dredd I really would not have a problem with that...seriously

Beaker

I've not read the prog yet....I can't stop staring at the cover.

Just awesome.
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

Trout

Colin YNWA

All good as has been the case of late. Not really much to say just loving the Prog. Even the Great Mr Mills slightly heavy handed return to Colonial politics was entertaining... BUT, BUT... am I being a dumb ass but I'm not sure I fully got the first two pages of Simping Detective. [spoiler]Why did the the assassin religie Judge type purse when DeMarco 'ring'? Was he just curious about what she would say? Also when he thrusts the blade through the blokes neck there seems to be blood coming from his arm. What am I missing? [/spoiler]

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: The monarch on 17 November, 2012, 08:45:43 PM
I gotta say if Mister Wagner decided to retire and Mr Ewing would be his sucessor on Dredd I really would not have a problem with that...seriously

Agreed. The Heir apparent if John Wagner is serious about retiring

JUDGE BURNS

AWESOME......THE LAST PANEL ON DREDD WILL KEEP ME ON EDGE UNTIL NEXT WEEKS PROG ARRIVES THROUGH THE MAIL BOX..

Brilliant stuff.

JUDGE BURNS

Oh and I forgot to mention the fantastic cover of Ro-Busters.  Reminds me of the time when 2000AD was joined with Starlord, way back in the 70's