Main Menu

Daredevil: Born Again Scrapped by Marvel

Started by rogue69, 12 October, 2023, 01:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Marvel has decided to cancel the new series Daredevil: Born Again despite having shoot nearly half the show, but apparently this will not be the end for Daredevil as he will now be in the Netflix Defenders project.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/marvel-ruthlessly-scraps-huge-plans-for-highly-anticipated-reboot/ar-AA1i3u29?ocid=U452DHP&pc=U452&cvid=7b3824bd119748c393c335827d0bf9b9&ei=10

IndigoPrime

The Marvel TV shows increasingly seem like a lottery. It's all quite strange. I've enjoyed most of them (while growing very tired of the movies), but still haven't been arsed enough to watch the Nick Fury one.

Daredevil... I quite liked the first series of the Netflix show, but less so as it went on. We ended up watching despite the lead character, who just became infuriatingly annoying. It wasn't as bad as the dire Danny Rand and His Magic Hand, nor as dull as Luke Cage turned out to be. But I wasn't that keen. (I did enjoy Jessica Jones a lot though – but can't imagine she'd remain intact in the MCU, and so I hope they don't bother.)

broodblik

I think this is more a financial choice since Disney has lost a lot of subscribers on Disney+.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Quote from: rogue69 on 12 October, 2023, 01:44:27 PMhe will now be in the Netflix Defenders project.

Do what now? Netflix? Did you mean D+?

Here's another article on the matter that I can read in its entirety:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/vincent-donofrio-defends-daredevil-born-again-overhaul-episdes-reshoot-1235752548/

judgeurko

God what a mess. Disney what are you up to?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: judgeurko on 27 October, 2023, 05:27:57 PMGod what a mess. Disney what are you up to?

Probably their fault there's no Dredd TV series. ;)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 October, 2023, 07:56:19 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 27 October, 2023, 05:27:57 PMGod what a mess. Disney what are you up to?

Probably their fault there's no Dredd TV series. ;)
You still got it champ 😆

judgeurko