Main Menu

Let's gossip about Nobody

Started by broodblik, 27 January, 2024, 05:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Thanks for explaining the Prog 2300 theory Funt Solo. I was also oblivious to all this. Where is this stuff still being rolled over? Are the Facebook Groups still puesdo-sluething?

I reckon its Matt Smith covering this writing in the comic he edits. After all he was moving towards writing a lot a few years ago and we haven't seen a credit from him for quite some time and this is cos he actually decided to use the puesdonym we're discussing.*

*I actually don't think this but just wanted to add to the mix cos everyone seems to be having such fun.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 04 February, 2024, 05:00:25 PM:
 - When was the last time we had a cross-dimensional Dredd tale with art by Henry Flint?

This went over my head. Now I'm 5 beers up it makes loads of sense
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

Funt Solo

Quote from: Richard on 04 February, 2024, 10:25:26 PM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 04 February, 2024, 07:46:32 PMBecause Kenneth Niemand said he wasn't.
When did he say that?

Podcast interview with Molch-R, linked to up-thread.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Link

But, if you want to don the full tin foil hat, you can adopt Fargo* levels of source distrust, and just not believe what's being said in that interview.

*A movie that claims to be based on a true story, but isn't.

---

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2024, 10:11:22 PMThis went over my head. Now I'm 5 beers up it makes loads of sense

Yeah - Helter Skelter.

---

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 February, 2024, 08:49:16 PMI reckon its Matt Smith

That's a good one! Figure it's as likely as any of the others.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 07:33:13 PMProg 2300.  Prog 2300.  Prog 2300.  How many times can I say it?

Okay, so now we know 2300 is a big clue, I think I know who it is.

'3' looks like an M on its side.
'0' looks like an O.

Therefore '300' actually means 'moo'.  And who says moo? A cow, of course!

The two tells us to put something in second place, rather than leave a gap, thus the real identity is proven by...

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 07:33:13 PMMoo!  Moo!  Moo!  How many times can I say it?

And I am absolutely certain I'm right.  Unless it's some udder fellow.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

broodblik

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 05 February, 2024, 01:30:20 AM
QuoteI reckon its Matt Smith

I personally do not think its Matt. Niemand was present on X but one of the last twitters he had a go at Leonardo Manco. The way Matt operates or I have seen him doing things it is not him.

I am also convince it can not be Garth. If I were Rebellion I would have plastered this on verything Garth is back on the prog
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Does Matt Smith do much video games writing?

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 05 February, 2024, 07:57:38 AMI am also convince it can not be Garth. If I were Rebellion I would have plastered this on verything Garth is back on the prog

Just perhaps not if he asked you very nicely not to.

---

I do rather like the idea that what he said in the interview is true - and that he's new to 2000 AD, but had an intro from existing droids.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Vector14

Ennis has always been open about his original Dredd run being kind of rubbish so it could make sense him wanting to have a fresh go at it without the baggage of his previous efforts hanging over it.
But can't see why he'd create original work like megatroplis under a pseudonym though.

Richard

To me none of Niemand's writing feels like Ennis.

Vector14

Only one way to be sure. Need to go back through his strips scanning for pogues references.

Link Prime

So did any of youse actually send BPP a pm, or is this 4 pages of insanity just too much fun?