Main Menu

Block War card game

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2017, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

I've been following this over on BGG before I jump on board, but it seems to have gone quiet - no comments yet on whateher the new rules are complete OR "fix" any confusion/problems?

DrJomster

The update is a work in progress. It adds some helpful combat examples but isn't complete yet. Helpful in combination with the rules that came with the game, but incomplete by itself. I registered on their forum to see how the next update is going but that's been quiet for a while.

They have put a helpful play guide on YouTube. It could benefit from a more energetic narration though!

Putting the above all together is enough for a fairly good idea of how to play I would say...

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Leigh S

I found the video really odd, as it appeared that the two blocks spend all their time fighting the Justice Dept and no time fighting each other!

DrJomster

I know what you mean re the video!

The author has just replied on their forum. Updated rules should be out tomorrow apparently.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Leigh S

Good on you for doing this - any chance of a new video tutorial to clear up any issues?

Dandontdare

Wonder if there were supply and over-demand issues before Christmas, or whether it's just Forbidden Planet selling stuff they don't yet own, but my brother ordered me this for Xmas and has been told of a three  month delay - I want my pressy now!

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 February, 2019, 06:52:02 PM
Wonder if there were supply and over-demand issues before Christmas, or whether it's just Forbidden Planet selling stuff they don't yet own, but my brother ordered me this for Xmas and has been told of a three  month delay - I want my pressy now!

Had a wander around Shaftesbury Avenue on Monday night (to get that Tabletop Games magazine with the JD: Cursed Earth card giveaway, and also to see what other games are out there these days).  Orc's Nest had a few copies of JD: Block War.  Also went along to Forbidden Planet - didn't see any JD-related games, though did pick up a few of the recent books - the Judges anthology and the skimpier than expected Anderson one.  Anyway, upshot is there were a few copies of Block War in Orc's Nest and I'm pretty sure they do mail order.