Main Menu

prog 1399

Started by Bico, 19 July, 2004, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

I wonder who'll be first to review it this week?  One of the subscribers, probably.http://www.savepacifica.net/images/hippo-crit.gif">

DavidXBrunt

Full review forthcoming but I wanted to SPOILER the latest issue by pointing out what I said in my review of Sin/Dex last issue...

Sinister Dexter - Plot takes an interesting turn this week with the revelation of Croaks ghost. Is this an apparition, a set-up from someone who knows their connection with him, or is this the alternate dimension Croak come back to take revenge? If it's the latter than means Holy Moses and the younger Sin/Dex might be lurking somewhere...

Floyd-the-k

I`m a subscriber but I get it after all the UK subscribers so not me. But let me be the first to review your `free kpfa` image.
  Nice image. Good hippo positioning. What`s it about?

cheers,

Floyd

Devons Daddy

Sinister Dexter - Plot takes an interesting turn this week

so you mean . sin and dex manages to get back to being crap again shocker basically?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

Rightso - Yeowell cover but despite that seems a bit bland, great colour job.

Droidlife - hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Dredd - Oh, very good. I look forwards to the investigation continuing. Bring on the Flintygoodness.

Sin/Dex - Can't say I didn't see the ending coming but of all the possible conclusions this is by far the most interesting to me. I look forwards to the continuation, as all these new elements have boosted this strip no end. Knowing there could be an appearance out of the blue should make for interesting reading.

Tyranny Rex - Good ending. One to re-read I think but a nice revival. I definatley want to see more from Smith, Yeowell, and Rex.

Terror Tale - An entertaining tale with atmospheric art and a neat ending. Good work fellas.

Low Life - the perfect ending. Just perfect. Another request for more - bring back Williams, Flint, and Nixon soon.

A very good prog. Maybe I'm just in a good mood but for an end of run prog this is spectacular. And the hinted cover - is that a Langley Tharg? Roll on the next assault.

Bico

Don't really know what it means, Floyd, I just posted a random image.  I figured I'd go for an animal motif in the same way that you've gone for teen bimbos in your recent random image posts - the pics of goth cosplay lasses were nice, by the way.  I haven't drawn any more pics of monkeys in hats, but here's a picture of the monkey who produced the new Thunderbirds movie 'brainstorming'.http://www.btinternet.com/~j.danielp/Monkey/snorting.jpg">

Bico

To stop the website getting into trouble, obviously I'm not slandering anyone, just joshing about the seemingly random nature of modern moviemaking.

Make a Thunderbirds movie without the original characters and stripped of all the charm.
Gotta admit, that wouldn't have occurred to me.  Guess that's why I'm not producing movies, eh?

Here's one for the Viz 'up the arse' corner.http://www.macalester.edu/~fines/monkey-with-dog.jpg">

Mr C

I take it this is going to become the "Monkeys in illegal situations" thread?

Bico

I don't know about illegal, but I do feel it's more a matter of morality - in purely subjective terms, you understand, I'm not judging.

It's like snails and oysters.  Is it moral to eat oysters?  Is it immoral to eat snails?

It's all relative.http://www.btinternet.com/~j.danielp/Monkey/injecting.jpg">

WoD

the monkey looks like he should be saying; give me the money or I'll break the dogs neck...

The Amstor Computer

I'll have more to say later once I've re-read, but I'm *really* getting tired of Sinister Dexter now.

The one-offs are occasionally amusing, but the attempts to craft an ongoing story just reek of desperation. I can't be the only one who is completely turned off by the introduction of the parallel dimension & their foes from their past?

Please, someone dump this strip & get Dan Abnett working on something fresh - hell, even another series of his cliche-ridden VCs would be preferable...

thrillpowerseeker

I was quite glad to see the return of Sin/Dex..which surprised me really..Abnett needs to forget trying working 'new' angles for the pair though..let them get back to whacking bad guys off..its what they do best..

thrillpowerseeker

hmmm looking that last post you realise when I say whacking bad guys off that I meant killing them..obviously

Mr C

Cover:Oh dear, looks very rushed.

Droid-Life: Funny as hell.

Dredd: A good ending to a great story and a lead into the next. Excellent stuff.

Sin/Dex: Why are there zombies? I didn't get it at all. Agree with TPS, they really should keep to *ahem* whacking.

Tyranny Rex: Er...riiight.

Terror Tale: Great, moody art from Thomas and a creepy script from Al. Good stuff!

Low-Life: This has really become one of my favourites. Excellent ending to a three parter that had more substance than most five or six parters.

Here's to Prg 1400!

James

Tyranny: Nice to see John Smith up to his usual trick of stringing random mis-placed adjectives together for nasty horror effect.