Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Year One - IDW miniseries

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 24 October, 2012, 04:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

I think both Matt Smith & Simon Coleby have proven their stockon Dredd to make this a very worthwhile purchase.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 December, 2012, 05:31:39 PM

I think both Matt Smith & Simon Coleby have proven their stockon Dredd to make this a very worthwhile purchase.
Indeed. This makes Me very excited about this book.

JOE SOAP

Maybe this will be the leading series that launches the IDW line, or should be. It seems perfectly tailored for new fans.

Banners

Why aren't Rebellion employees, y'know, doing this for Rebellion?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Banners on 03 December, 2012, 05:45:28 PM

It'd cost Rebellion a lot of money to launch another title on the market and since IDW are opening up another  for Dredd, why not exert some significant influence over it that fits with the Dredd we know.

radiator

Yeah, seems obvious. IDW already have the infrastructure to make something like this work whereas presumably launching a US title would be a big risk for Rebellion.

Steve Green

Good call on getting them involved - looking forward to seeing what they turn in.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Banners on 03 December, 2012, 05:45:28 PM

Don't know if Rebellion/2000ad operate the same hiring practices, but DC and Marvel once operated a strict policy of not employing editorial staff in creative positions to prevent conflicts of interest.  Regardless of quality, it'd be a bit dodgy if Smith commissioned 88 pages of material from himself to run in the prog or Meg, but IDW is a seperate company and the book was likely going to happen anyway, it may as well have someone who knows what they're doing with the character to write it rather than it being "from the writer of Vampirella vs Pantha: Boobageddon."

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Unicorn Bukakke on 03 December, 2012, 06:16:39 PMRegardless of quality, it'd be a bit dodgy if Smith commissioned 88 pages of material from himself to run in the prog or Meg

I think that was the line Diggle crossed.

radiator

Quotethe book was likely going to happen anyway, it may as well have someone who knows what they're doing with the character to write it rather than it being "from the writer of Vampirella vs Pantha: Boobageddon."

AFAIK, the series came about because of Smith's Year One audiobooks.

Dark Jimbo

Now this I might actually buy. An artist and writer with proven credentials who I've actually heard of previously (!) and know the character, the world, the tone.
@jamesfeistdraws

Banners

It looks like the kind of thing I'd love to see in the Meg, rather than have to shell out more money.

JOE SOAP

Wondering about the potential for Rico popping up?

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP