Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 May, 2023, 03:18:45 PM:lol: Chimpsky is amazing!

What size is he?

Thanks

He's just over 7 inches head to (hanging) toe
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 April, 2023, 09:50:03 AMA further plea to anyone who has done anything similar and created anything 2000AD in 3D (that's not commercial)
I know we have a talented lot out there and it should be shared.

The Hiya line, which I've just started collecting, has been the prompt for me to get back into modelling after a bit of a hiatus. Nothing finished but you'll see the results here when I've got anything worth sharing!
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

The Hiya line, which I've just started collecting, has been the prompt for me to get back into modelling after a bit of a hiatus. Nothing finished but you'll see the results here when I've got anything worth sharing!
[/quote]

Fantastic I look forward to your reveal in due course.
It is always worth sharing 👍🏻

Dark Jimbo

I think this thread was before your time (at least I don't remember you being on the board back then) so here's a link to some of my previous projects - https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=42952.30

Afraid the photos now all have a horrible photobucket logo splashed across them!
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Yep I joined in 2017.
I have to say like many of the others who commented on that thread. It's an outstanding paint job blending in to the original and brave to improve on the 3A figure. In my opinion It definitely adds value.

I want to do a mongrol eventually.

You've whetted my appetite for what your working on. 👍🏻

Trooper McFad

Another month in and one more figure done.

This one was fairly simple to create but a pain to paint and glad to have it completed for my visit to Lawless where he hopes to  meet his creators.

This month I give you Proteus Vex.

To create Vex I used an Ironman 12 inch toy. The only adjustment was to decapitate him and extend his neck. I carefully did this so I could still rotate his head. His arms still have the toys functionality (move up and down).  I do like to have a little bit of movement there for a slightly different pose if I want.

The biggest amount of change was to smooth his body as Ironman is clad in armour. Then added his "gauntlets"

Between Flint and Lynch's versions there's quite a few little differences but I decided to copy Flints original as much as possible including the markings on his suit.

As usual I have posted a primed, base coated and finished pic's

Enjoy

JohnW

That is one sweet paint job, Trooper – or rather another sweet paint job.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Afternoon fellow Squaxx

Noow at the halfway pint of the year and my aim of a model a month for 2023 is continuing  :D

This months offering is mashed up from a 12 inch Black widow figure bought from eballs. I tweaked the arms & hair added a big coat and a paint job. Her head still has movement which like the others gives a little variety.When I get round to dusting i just adjust the pose and it's like a new model  ;).

This month I have only posted Primed and finished pictures.

This months figure is Halo Jones (look out for her side kick comming soon)

Enjoy

Please Please Please if there is anybody out there doing anything similar whether in the past or future please post here. I need inspiration and tips on ho to make things better.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dark Jimbo

Wow, the paint job really makes this one sing!

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 June, 2023, 02:23:26 PMPlease Please Please if there is anybody out there doing anything similar whether in the past or future please post here. I need inspiration and tips on ho to make things better.

I'm working on some projects, but it's sloooooow going. It's hard to carve out enough time. Rest assured I'll post it all here eventually.
@jamesfeistdraws

pauljholden

Completely missed this, love it! Well done that squaxx!

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 April, 2023, 09:50:03 AMood day all Squaxx

Well that's Easter now past and the nights are getting lighter. We are into the 4th month of the year and I'm keeping up with my 1 a month (personal) challenge in producing a Tooth character in glorious 3D.

For this one I haven't used a base model and went back to Sculpey for my most ambitious sculp yet.
As always these are Characters I love reading in the prog or Meg.

This month I give you my version of Noam Chimpsky.
Now the boring stuff-
Using wire and kitchen foil I formed the initial body shape and layered the Sculpey over the top. The head I did separately and added on after baking.
To attach it to the stand I drilled holes into his hand and feet and pinned it. I did the same with his rucksack.
Hopefully I've captured enough details to pass him off as Chimpsky.

A further plea to anyone who has done anything similar and created anything 2000AD in 3D (that's not commercial)
I know we have a talented lot out there and it should be shared.

Enjoy Chimpsky

Trooper McFad

Thanks Shark - I try to keep my standards up 👍🏻😁

Jimbo - thanks I'm always worried I go too far and I'm still not happy with her complexion.

Don't worry how long you take. I'm struggling to make time for my own modelling at the moment so know your pain.

PJ - glad you liked Noam he's sad you couldn't make Lawless (he's one of my favourite models I've done so far)

Trooper McFad

Evening Squaxx

We have reached the crest of the year and now hurtling down to the cold dark nights and the end of 2023. Time is surely flying by!

Back to the matter at hand and 7th month in and 7th figure completed. This months effort has been done from scratch.
As with my other scratch built figures a start with a wire frame and a bit of kitchen foil to get the general shape of the body. The feet and Head were sculpted from skulpey which i have grown to love working with but it is pricey so i tend to use other slightly cheaper medium for the bulk (air dry clay and milliput bought in bulk)

So this month I give you the love lorn best girls friend "Toby" to go along with last months Halo.

As per I have posted primed/base and finished pics just to show the transformation. I'm pleased with the sheen i managed to get on Toby using  Gun metal gray (dry brush "heavy) then Gunmetal blue (dry brush light) and finally a very light dry brush of silver.
The final pic of Halo & Toby together loos the best. (looking at them together I'm drawn to Toby's Demonic eyes  :o )

Enjoy

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Le Fink

Excellent, very professional. Really got the Gibson look to it. Loved your Chimpski too.