Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Every order I've made from Hiya has arrived just over a week later, completely stress-free. Frankly I'm not sure why anyone bothers with all the third-party pre-order nonsense.
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 June, 2023, 03:54:17 PMEvery order I've made from Hiya has arrived just over a week later, completely stress-free. Frankly I'm not sure why anyone bothers with all the third-party pre-order nonsense.

I'm not any more but still waiting on my order 😳 - it has been dispatched though 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

On your bike!  Anderson has landed!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

It's been a complete surprise seeing this arrive this morning.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Hershey can straddle the bike okay, so I assume Giant, Cal, Mean, etc could all be played with displayed on a Lawmaster if you liked.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Comparison of figures.

NB, the box also contains one of those brown plates so Anderson can be displayed standing up.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Lawmaster is about 1.5 figures in length.

And it's also fab!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Underneath the bike

The hinge between the front wheel and body of the Lawmaster is reasonably stiff, but turns without issue.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The manual (AKA instruction sheet, AKA folded piece of paper)

The Lawmaster takes 2 x AG13 / LR44 button cell batteries.

I so love that the classic Dredd logo is still the go-to for merch.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

Thanks for the picture splurge, DD! It looks great!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Thanks Dark Jimbo.  I think I got a bit too enthusiastic about it!

It's been on order for such a long time.  I had no idea it was on its way, or what it was when the box landed on the doorstep at about 9am, so it was a fantastic surprise. I've since received a "your parcel is on its way" e-mail from Hiya - at 4.30ish this afternoon!  Presumably now the Lawmaster is out the Dredd figure with bike will quickly follow.

I've got one niggle with the bike, which is that the main headlight/computer screen is angled a little bit to the side on mine (you can see it if you look at the overhead photo I posted above).  Maybe there's a way to adjust it.  Also, I haven't worked out a good way to have Anderson sit on the bike properly while holding onto both handle bars.  Her arms seem too short for it.  I'm wondering if Dredd's arms will have more reach.  I seem to remember the 3A Dredd had long arms.

But it's a great model and looks the business.  Also, the machine guns are pointed straight ahead rather than flopping towards the ground as they seem to be in some of the publicity shots.  The packaging seems to force them that way, as you can see from the unboxed vs half clamshell photos.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

That looks fantastic Dash. Just dived onto the Hiya site but it's still on "pre-order"
I'm not buying until they say it's available.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 July, 2023, 02:03:13 PMThanks Dark Jimbo.  I think I got a bit too enthusiastic about it!

No way - photos are the lifeblood of this thread!
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Well what would you know - Cal and Hersey were delivered tonight 😁 - two weeks from ordering 👍🏻

Both look great

Next month I'll have a choice Anderson with bike (if it's officially available) or Mean & Giant