Main Menu

Hi From London

Started by BadlyDrawnKano, 18 May, 2023, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I don't think we have auto-booting for *bad* words on the forum. Perhaps one of the mods will be along [tumbleweeds cross screen, a vulture croaks] to correct me. Waiting for Modot.

There is a post from a long-gone mod who really didn't like the word c*nt, and said that anyone who used it would get auto-bahned. By which they meant dropped into the middle of a German motorway during rush hour (I assume).

I wonder if it would be okay to quote it?

Sweary variation of Jeremy Hunt's surname used by Victoria Derbyshire

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BadlyDrawnKano

As I'm new I really don't know quite what happened, but I sent a message via the contact form on the main site and was suddenly able to post again today, so presumed it was due to using that word. I understand why it might be too, it's an unpleasant word that I'd never normally use, but I didn't think twice at the time as I just wanted to post about the graphic novel I'd enjoyed so much.

Le Fink

Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 12 June, 2023, 11:51:10 PMAs I'm new I really don't know quite what happened, but I sent a message via the contact form on the main site and was suddenly able to post again today, so presumed it was due to using that word. I understand why it might be too, it's an unpleasant word that I'd never normally use, but I didn't think twice at the time as I just wanted to post about the graphic novel I'd enjoyed so much.
Shortly after I joined I was unable to post because I'd used up the maximum number of posts allowed to a non-member. I got in touch with customer support and they bumped me up to member at which point I could post once more. It was only 10 posts IIRC so possibly not the same thing.

BadlyDrawnKano

Quote from: Le Fink on 13 June, 2023, 07:32:11 AMShortly after I joined I was unable to post because I'd used up the maximum number of posts allowed to a non-member. I got in touch with customer support and they bumped me up to member at which point I could post once more. It was only 10 posts IIRC so possibly not the same thing.

Ah, that might make sense, but either way at least I'm able to post again now. :)

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 12 June, 2023, 02:30:29 PM...I was just wondering, are there any other words which I should avoid typing?

Marvel, Mills, microscopic, muff, mangled, Manchester and moist.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 June, 2023, 06:41:06 PM
Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 12 June, 2023, 02:30:29 PM...I was just wondering, are there any other words which I should avoid typing?

Marvel, Mills, microscopic, muff, mangled, Manchester and moist.

Moderator! The Legendary Shark's typing those words again!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

At least I didn't type Covid.

I'll get me mask...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Some words
Can't be allowed
On the forum because they
Just cause
Outrage
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

But is it the words that cause the outrage, or do they merely set it free?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

By the way, welcome to the forum, BadlyDrawnKano.

Sorry to dip your introduction thread into a vat of weird, but that's the boards for you.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

BadlyDrawnKano

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 June, 2023, 09:27:53 PMBy the way, welcome to the forum, BadlyDrawnKano.

Sorry to dip your introduction thread into a vat of weird, but that's the boards for you.

No need to apologise, vats of weird are some of my favourite places!

The Legendary Shark

You're gonna fit right in :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Copied and pasted from facebook:

SATURDAY, 24 JUNE 2023 AT 13:00
Pre Summer 2023 Southern Contingent Gathering
The Spice of Life - Soho

Hello fellow drokkers!
Summer is basically here, so let's gather before we're all sat at airports for days on end.
The pub this time will be The Spice Of Life, so make sure to take note of the location. It looks like some of us popped in there 6 years ago, from my google maps notification, so it can't be that bad!
See you all for a good old natter over a drink or two...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 12 June, 2023, 02:30:29 PMI found myself unable to post for a few days and I think I've realised why as in the "What are you reading?" thread I posted a review of a graphic novel by Kelly Sue DeConnick that has an unpleasant description of a female in the title...

Hmm... Are you sure that was what did it? There was discussion of a certain Strontium Dog story with the same title a few weeks back, and I don't remember anyone being locked out of the forum.
@jamesfeistdraws

BadlyDrawnKano

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 June, 2023, 04:23:45 PM
Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 12 June, 2023, 02:30:29 PMI found myself unable to post for a few days and I think I've realised why as in the "What are you reading?" thread I posted a review of a graphic novel by Kelly Sue DeConnick that has an unpleasant description of a female in the title...

Hmm... Are you sure that was what did it? There was discussion of a certain Strontium Dog story with the same title a few weeks back, and I don't remember anyone being locked out of the forum.

Yeah, I think I got that wrong and was just overthinking it!

Quote from: sheridan on 14 June, 2023, 10:42:53 AMCopied and pasted from facebook:

SATURDAY, 24 JUNE 2023 AT 13:00
Pre Summer 2023 Southern Contingent Gathering
The Spice of Life - Soho

Hello fellow drokkers!
Summer is basically here, so let's gather before we're all sat at airports for days on end.
The pub this time will be The Spice Of Life, so make sure to take note of the location. It looks like some of us popped in there 6 years ago, from my google maps notification, so it can't be that bad!
See you all for a good old natter over a drink or two...

Thanks for that, I don't think I'll be able to make this one as I don't finish work until 2.30pm and am off to see a play early evening, but I appreciate the heads up, and I tracked down the relevant facebook group and joined it.