Main Menu

Prog 1499 shocker!

Started by Bad Andy, 31 July, 2006, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

A very fine prog, especially (to repeat what Amstor said) given that it's the prog before a majore restart.

Dredd was obviously not Wagner, but in a good way - and how often can you say that?

Future Shock was very nasty, and very good. My eye glanced over a balloon on page 2 before I started reading it properly, and I thought "hmmm, this looks like one of Al's!" Which is a compliment, btw.

Red Seas was strangely affecting. I now find myself wondering when it'll cross over with Scarlet Traces :)

Kipling: Zombie Terry-Thomas should be just my cuppa, but somehow it doesn't quite grab me. Sorry.

Nerve Centre/Input: Fine tributes to Tom Frame from staff and fans alike. Damage report brings disturbing images to mind regarding Cyber-Matt's relationship with the Mighty One.

So, how excited are we about next week?

Floyd-the-k

the Dredd was excellent....as with the last Dredd it was clever but in a good way (I mean, not 'look at me' clever)...

Red Seas was great stuff. Tell me it's coming back soon.

Future Shock was terrific and mean. Reminds me, when is that story about the super people coming back?

Dang, didn't read 'Damage Report'. Have they given up on Dez Skinn yet?

how excited are we about next week?  Quite

Satanist

Although the cover wont leap off the shelves I still likes it. Is Kipling wearing fishnets? A cross-dressing colonial zombie, who would've thunk.

P14 - WHA?

Dredd - This is a right good Dredd but I suspect its so good because there's so little dialogue to give away the fact it isn't Wagner.

FS - Nasty but seen it coming. Don't see whats wrong with the art.

Red Seas - ends a bit abrupt but still loving it. Don't leave it too long for the next. Agree a wee interlude would be good for this.

Kipling - Nope, sorry last week had me interested but this weeks lost me again. I read it but that's all I can really say either way.

Agree with all that it's a cracking prog to have before a big jumping on point.

PS - What the hell is next weeks Malone??? Oh I do love a surprise.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Amstor Computer

Satanist - have a look at the third and fourth pages of the Future Shock. The art is blurred and slightly pixellated, suggesting that something has gone wrong in the pre-print stage. It's happened quite a few times recently & it's a wee bit irritating.

Roger Godpleton

Cover: Stylish effort. Says "sci-fi" but doesn't say "stay away if you don't like sci-fi". Great stuff.

Dredd: Bit confusing due to lack of dialogue, but a great idea, replete with amusing ending. Good Stuff.

Future Shock: Unsettling and thought provoking as ever from Ewing's brain. Great Stuff.

Red Seas: This sounds cruel but I was really glad Edgy didn't resurrect our dearly departed sidekick. Isabella's fate was a welcome surprise. I hope we don't get Dancer battling tripods in future stories though, as it's a bit too obvious. More of this. Great Stuff.

Kipling: Can't believe I ever thought this strip would be throwaway nonsense and nothing more. I would very much like to see a multi-parter next. Great Stuff.

Droid Life: Falls a bit flat, but only a bit, and Cat's drawings are lovely. Good Stuff.

Overall: Another great prog which I could read from cover to cover without the usual having to save something good for last. Keep up the Good Work!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

Isn't there a badge missing from Rico's (or is it Dredd's) uniform in one panel?

FS was good.

Red Seas - good ending.  Who says Isabella is dead...she could come back with an army of ooooo-lllaaaaahhhhssss.

Kipling - made your point quite clear there Si...I enjoyed though.

Banners

What a lovely ending to Kipling, and though a fan, these were a couple of Robert Frost lines I was previously unaware of. Will have to look them up...

Great stuff.

M@

Satanist

"Isn't there a badge missing from Rico's (or is it Dredd's) uniform in one panel? "

I read that as Ricos badge being torn/blown off during the chase.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Jim_Campbell

"these were a couple of Robert Frost lines I was previously unaware of."

Me too. Frost rules.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

WoD

I thought the badge might have come off, but I didn't spot where.

Dark Jimbo

I think you'll find the missing badge was deliberate - so that when the judge emerges dragging the perp, you're supposed to go 'But which one of them is it that's won?!' Then you see Rico looking on in the next panel and go 'Ah, it's Dredd. Of course, should have known.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Was the virtually silent Dredd a tribute to Tom Frame, or was it just a coincidence?

It worked well, regardless.

Cheers,

Steve

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm thinking the Chopper graffiti is just that - graffiti on the "monument". Not that I'd object to Chopper being involved in The Connection.

I getting pathetically excited about Prog 1500 and Origins, me.
Lock up your spoons!

VampiraJen

When was the last time that happened?

was it not on a slaine?  when they shipped the boy back of to potion school?

W. R. Logan

Great Prog, really enjoyed Dredd [although prefer the McMahon SJS uniform, bringback the huge eagle pads] Al Ewing was the star of the Prog for me, roll on 1500.