Main Menu

Skoolwerk

Started by judgejampot, 27 February, 2003, 12:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

This evening i have mostly been trying to compose a set of variations on the theme of sonic and knuckles (mega-drive). Argh! GCSE MUSIC ARGH! ARGH ARGH DOUBLE ARGH!

Link: where i get this madness off the internet...

Queen Firey-Bou

remind me never to introduce you to my lovely 14 year old daughter, cos she is about as bonkers as you are & equally as easily distracted in matters of homework, do you ask your mom to write sarcastic excuse letters to the school? I worte a cracker the other day as to why shed not been on internet for modern studies, "due to the pyromaniancal activities of crofters & estate workers... fire service stretched ,family life distrupted...blahblah, provided everyone keeps their matches away from dry hillsides she will get homework done tomorrow..."
made me laugh anywey.

Oddboy

Fixed your keyboard Bou, or is my suggestion working?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

I used your suggestion for a bit, but have found typing with a paint brush end to poke in hole of ex-space bar to be faster.. but thanks i have accedentially discovered many keyboard shortcuts tho'. Hurry up mr Viking & deliver my new keyboard!

today on the subject of skools, i read riot act to juve 3's teacher, "shes miserable, says you shout at her all the time..." tell ya teachers deserve danger money (or all sacking).

Proudhuff

Skoolwerk? homewerk! my eldest Juve, was told to write a po-yum on 'anything'( that must have taken a lot of preparation time to come up with!) he wrote about his recent first gig, Sum 41, and was marked down for using 'inappropriate language' ie Git and Mosh-pit. I now await  with fear and trepidation the marking of his homework story which includes excess violence, murder and arson, I blame comics myself...

Middenpus
DDT did a job on me

Oddboy

That's really unfair - "git" and "mosh-pit" are VERY appropriate words for rock gigs.
The sweaty-semi-naked giant bald guy with a huge tattooed gut thrashing about near the front of the crowd just isn't as snappy as the git in the mosh-pit.

Force the teacher to stand next to that guy at a concert & see if it changes any opinions
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

GrowwwlLLLLL! teachers! grrrrr! It has finally been discovered after 6 unhappy years at school  that my youngest is dyslexic, so her teacher is smuggly telling me that no excuses, he'll shout her if her spellings bad. DURRR. It also transpired that my eldest who left skool at 16 cos he despised them & their attidude to him. He is dyslexic too, but no-one bothered to tell us umpteen years ago when they discovered it, no one gave help or support just complained about his attitude.now you'd think that a kid who gets 99% in Physics but can't write or read very well, & is frustrated as hell...you'd think in this day & age someone wouldve put two&two, But nope,thats him on the scrap heap at 17 with the self-esteem from hell,thanks system for your support.
GRRRR,up against the wall with them.

Quirkafleeg

I didn?t discover I'm mildly dyslexic until only a couple of years ago... when I did some research into it. That's after years of having all the symptoms and being dismissed as lazy, inattentive, careless etc etc. I mean even the good English teacher did not spot it...

It's all down to money, they can not/do not want to afford to give all the people who need it the help they need. Something like 1 in 10 to some extent and 1 in 30 serious and about 80% of the people in prison are struck with the 'gift'...

On the bright side you can develop coping strategies and you can get a great visual memory and imagination