Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tjm86 on 08 October, 2021, 04:31:50 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 October, 2021, 11:22:30 PM
Just over a month ago, I had just got back from a pleasant barbecue and few beers with a friend and was preparing for bed, then the boat literally exploded around me. 

Well, I think that it is fair to say this one is not going to be topped!  Glad yer okay and aye, it puts things in perspective big time.

Glad you made it out JBC!
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 October, 2021, 09:02:47 AM
Just caught up on this thread and holy shit, glad you're still alive mate. Gutted for you about your boat/home. Was this you?

Aye, that's the one.  Somehow my gas cylinders didn't explode - small mercies, I suppose.  Thanks, guys, appreciate all your support.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

OMFG!

They say a picture paints a thousand words, and that certainly applies in this instance. I would imagine that "shock" is a bit of an under-statement in terms of how you must have felt afterwards.

Best of luck and speed with your housing needs in the hopefully near future. Not sure that I would have the strength and fortitude which you have displayed thus far.

milstar

Someone in the FB 2000AD Tat and chat group made pretty good ideas on the homage characters: Rod Trooper (done in Yorkshire accent), Dean Dire, Judge Drudd, M.I.C.K. 1, Fresh, and The Hounslow Heroes
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

milstar

Again, from the FB.

I guess Russia is growing closer to their own Mega City.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 October, 2021, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 October, 2021, 09:02:47 AM
Just caught up on this thread and holy shit, glad you're still alive mate. Gutted for you about your boat/home. Was this you?

Aye, that's the one.  Somehow my gas cylinders didn't explode - small mercies, I suppose.  Thanks, guys, appreciate all your support.

Bloody hell and I was getting fraught over some extra work. Glad you're [reasonably] okay JayzusB.Christ. Truly awful.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Funt Solo

Man - that's a tough thing to see - must have been awful to go through. All your stuff literally down the Swanee. I love your positive take on it - just things, and people are more important. Hope that your cabin plan works out well.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers guys.  Weirdly I think a huge part of the reason it didn't hit me TOO hard* was that I had just been trawling through an ebook and film marathon of Khmer Rouge Cambodia-related stuff, for some reason.

Losing all your possessions doesn't seem so bad compared to losing all your possessions and then being driven out your home to work until you die from starvation or execution.  That was in my mind every time I felt down about myself.

*except for whatever it was that cracked my skull in the explosion, that is.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

You're an inspiration, JBC.

Keep buggering on!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I shall bugger till the day I die.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 24 October, 2021, 05:06:23 PM
*except for whatever it was that cracked my skull in the explosion, that is.

Don't forget about that if you get any sudden headaches - report to the hospital asap if there's any recurrence.

JayzusB.Christ

JayzusB.Christ

Been staying with my elderly parents since Christmas - now they've both tested positive for Omicron (I'm negative according to the antigen test, but who knows).  Fortunately we've all been boosted and Omicron really does seem to be a milder dose, but my mam is laid up with bad cold symptoms and my dad seems to be heading the same way.

We're all stuck here now.  On the plus side, things aren't half as scary as they were in the pre-vaccination, stronger-strain days of last Christmas, but it's just bleeding inconvenient.

Funt Solo

Sorry to hear JBC. Best wishes for your folks.

My brother in Glasgow got the OMG-icron over Christmas (but mild symptoms, as he was double-vaxxed), so his family were quarantined and the grandparents had to pass their Xmas nosh in through the window, instead of having them come over.

Seems like Omnomnomicron (the Cookie Monster variant) is certainly spreading wider, so I'm more thankful than ever for the vaccines. My brother had missed his booster because he couldn't stay in the queue past a certain point due to other commitments.

We start back at school today, and while we've been masked the entire time (here in WA, US), there's a lot of loose adherence to the rules* (not in my classroom, mind) so I'm expecting there to be a wave of infections hitting the student population.

Oh, I've only gone and ended up talking about me - best wishes again to you and yours.

*The staff that teach fire-fighting and police careers are demographically more likely to vote Republican, so therefore more likely to be against masking, so less likely to push their students to comply. Strange but true.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 January, 2022, 06:32:59 PM
Sorry to hear JBC. Best wishes for your folks.

My brother in Glasgow got the OMG-icron over Christmas (but mild symptoms, as he was double-vaxxed), so his family were quarantined and the grandparents had to pass their Xmas nosh in through the window, instead of having them come over.

Seems like Omnomnomicron (the Cookie Monster variant) is certainly spreading wider, so I'm more thankful than ever for the vaccines. My brother had missed his booster because he couldn't stay in the queue past a certain point due to other commitments.

We start back at school today, and while we've been masked the entire time (here in WA, US), there's a lot of loose adherence to the rules* (not in my classroom, mind) so I'm expecting there to be a wave of infections hitting the student population.

Oh, I've only gone and ended up talking about me - best wishes again to you and yours.

*The staff that teach fire-fighting and police careers are demographically more likely to vote Republican, so therefore more likely to be against masking, so less likely to push their students to comply. Strange but true.

Ah, no bother at all, to be honest I was secretly hoping for some other covid stories to make me feel better.  😊
Also it's a bit of a relief to finally have it in the house - I really hope that this is the virus having a final blowout before things start to settle down.