Main Menu

2000ad characters on the big screen?

Started by GrinningChimera, 05 June, 2014, 07:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 June, 2014, 11:57:55 PM
Also; Domhnall Gleeson & Laz Alonso would make a good pair of Gun-Sharks.

Yeah crikey good spot :O

Skullmo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 June, 2014, 10:01:58 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 06 June, 2014, 11:57:55 PM
Also; Domhnall Gleeson & Laz Alonso would make a good pair of Gun-Sharks.

Yeah crikey good spot :O

Very good spot!!

It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

No idea about the acting chops of either of those fellas but they certainly look the part.

CrazyFoxMachine

Not sure about Ray but Domnhall Gleeson is the son of Brendan and is cracking and in loads and loads of stuff atm

Colin YNWA

HA! Oh right, well I may have seen him in one of them!

Did not place him at all from the photo!

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 June, 2014, 04:44:35 PM
No idea about the acting chops of either of those fellas but they certainly look the part

If you've seen the most recent Dredd film, you've seen Domhnall Gleeson on screen.  Wes Anderson's Zaucer Of Zilk, with Johnny Depp as the Mr Never-Grow-Old and Ralph Fiennes as Crissymouth, his be-suited and dog headed oldest and most pedigree chum. The cast of ECBT2000ad could voice the Tooth Heads, muttering about the lack of violent incident and how it's not as good as it used to be.

mejustnow

I think the Caballistics Inc/Absolom universe would make a great TV series if each season was a short run of about 8 or 10 like Penny Dreadful currently is.

Nikolai Dante on the small or big screen would work

I've always wanted to see what Japanese animators would do with Nemesis/ABC Warriors. In my voice cast imagination Alan Rickman would voice Nemesis and Vin Diesel would be Joe Pineapples.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: mejustnow on 09 June, 2014, 04:20:02 PM
I think the Caballistics Inc/Absolom universe would make a great TV series if each season was a short run of about 8 or 10 like Penny Dreadful currently is.

Nikolai Dante on the small or big screen would work

I've always wanted to see what Japanese animators would do with Nemesis/ABC Warriors. In my voice cast imagination Alan Rickman would voice Nemesis and Vin Diesel Dale Winton would be Joe Pineapples 

FTFY
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

I have fantasies about seeing a six movie series of the exploits of Slaine from the days of his youth in training the Red-Branch-Knights military to much later in life when he is still fighting the goog fight against Sea-Demons with those forbidden Fire-Staves in the Books of Invasion. They can skip all the really silly stuff that happened in between then the The Horned-God.

Yet, people have said how much they would like to see the fellow from 500 or Hugh Jackman or that Gaul fellow from the most recent Spartacus mini-series. While they may suit him at a older age.

A much younger actor would be needed to play him as 15-21 year old. As most of best stuff was done in those years. I'm not really sure who though. A typical Irish local who looks the part.

It's pity Rik Mayall has just dies, as I was thinking he's make a great Ukko, with his particular brand of humour, facial expression and comedy voice. Though being human-sized and proportioned man, he would need to undergo digital shrinking when it had used in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films with the smaller folk.

Speaking of which this film should be a extravaganza to rival those films and the Star-Wars ones as well.

mejustnow

Rik Mayall as Ukko is a great call.

Another one from beyond the veil: I always read Ro-jaws in the voice of Bob Hoskins
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Steve Green

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I know Jack Gleeson said he's not interested in fame or acting after playing Goffrey, but maybe in a few years he'll change his mind, and play the perfect Judge Caligula.
You may quote me on that.