Main Menu

Lee Carter or Brian Bolland - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 5

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 May, 2021, 06:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Bolland, being an art god:

Carter, also being very good indeed:

Bolland 4 :: 1 Carter

Sorry, Lee - I really enjoy your work, but being put up against Bolland. Man. Tough match. If this vote was a "what have you done for me lately?", I could easily switch the numbers around.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Swerty

sintec

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 07 May, 2021, 11:53:24 AM
I'd just like to add - Colin, if you put Henry Flint against Carlos Ezquerra I will murder you.

Errr the draw is the draw...

Colin YNWA

Also last call here. Current Team need some points quickly, but you have to wonder if anyone going up against Brian Bolland was going to get them? Well you have today to decide.

For my vote I was surprised how close this one was. Brian Bolland was the man for me back in the day. His tight close style curiously tempered with utterly glorious imagination was the thing and oh those iconic images. As time has gone on however I've come to look for different things in my art and there is little doubt Lee Carter's work on Indigo Prime in particular has just been astonishing, absolutely astonishing.... but Brian Bolland... I'm not allowed ties so I'm going to let my natural biase towards Current creep in and go -

Lee Carter 3 : Brian Bolland 2

JayzusB.Christ

Do you know what, I'm going to go the same.

Carter 3, Bolland 2.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So again the strangle hold Classic Team has on this competition tightens. They've used some big names to estabish it but the last two results have marked the sense of talent that has defined the Galaxy's Greatest. The Current Team has put forward artists that have been able to take votes but they will need to stop the flood soon to have any impact on this tournament.

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 4

Current Team 202 : Classic Team 313