Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

In case anyone isn't on Facebook, here is the press release thingy:

"Stand-by, Earthlets – the ultimate collection of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic is coming soon! 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection brings you the best stories from forty years of Britain's biggest comic, from Judge Dredd to Sláine the Barbarian, from Rogue Trooper to Strontium Dog and a galaxy of Thrills in between! Subscriptions launch at www.2000adcollection.com on 7th August with issue one on sale from 23rd August, so whether you're a new Squaxx Dek Thargo or a venerable Deca Thargo make sure you snap up this ghafflebette collection. Don't be a grexnix – subscribe to 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection from Hachette Partworks!"

IndigoPrime

I'm slightly surprised they're overlapping with the Dredd collection.

Tomwe

So annoyed but not surprised in the slightest.
Right, quick decision is to bail on Dredd. Not what I wanted but more keen on reading the wider 2000AD collection.

Jim_Campbell

I'll confess, I'm very tempted.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Monarch

Colin YNWA

While I doubt I'll go for this as I'll own all the stories, or near as damnit, I'm really pleased that this found a market and 2000ad thrives beyond Dredd.

Good stuff and chuffed for folks that get these things. You'd guess there'd be some beauts on the way!

JLC

Is this going to get a cheap 1st issue like they did with the Dredd one?

JamesC

Do we have to resubscribe if we already subscribed during the test phase?
I can't remember what happened with the Dredd Collection.

IndigoPrime

Dredd: they sent new versions for free, didn't they.

JLC: Most of these things are a couple of quid for the first, then seven, and then ten.

JaHawkDroid

Ooooo this is very exciting. Very exciting indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoPrime

One minor grumble: would it kill them to put SOME indication of a book's contents on the spine?

JaHawkDroid

Yeah I love that the DC collection has story titles, but that's Eaglemoss. Hachette never do it for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apestrife

If it's launching 23:rd of August. 4 books? Then next batch of two will be in September then?

Even if I won't pick it up a subscription, I'll be following it closely. Exciting to see which titles that will be included. I'll most likely buy more than one book from the collection :)

abelardsnazz

The video on Facebook shows the four previously issued pilot volumes and a Nemesis cover, although the pilot promotional material suggested Dark Justice would be issue 5. Now that the Mega Collection has been extended, does this suggest DJ will be appearing there instead and there'll be less Dredd overall in the new collection? I'm thinking yes, as 10 further issues of Dredd won't leave a lot of significant material. Not that I can think of anyway.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 02 August, 2017, 07:14:29 AM

Now that the Mega Collection has been extended...

Wait, what? Is this true?

If so, will the extension begin after the initial run that I signed on for or be folded in to force me into buying extra volumes in the Marvel Eff You style?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]