Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Quote from: karlos on 06 September, 2017, 11:17:23 AM
When is issue #2 due out on the newsstands?

Today!

Apparently my first delivery was dispatched on the 24th... still not arrived...

karlos

Many thanks, Arkady - just been to Smiths and they've still got #1 out.

I'm guessing it'll appear later this aft/tomorrow.

Cheers!

Arkady

karlos

Thanks a million, Arkady - much appreciated!

abelardsnazz

Issue 2 wasn't in my local Thrill-merchant or WH Smith's this morning, anyone spotted it in the wild yet?

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 September, 2017, 12:29:25 PM
Issue 2 wasn't in my local Thrill-merchant or WH Smith's this morning, anyone spotted it in the wild yet?
I came across a Moderator comment reply on a Facebook Ad this morning that said issue two wasn't out until next week. Since then I have seen another ad with it out today as it should be, but I have asked them expressly to confirm which is the case.

Here's the link to the quote: https://www.facebook.com/2000ADCollection/posts/1856477321347258?comment_id=1863114207350236&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D
Mestair Jee: When is issue 2 out?
2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection:
Hi Mestair,
Issue 2 is out on 13th September.
Hope this helps!
4 hrs

karlos

I always knew waiting for Halo Jones would be a mistake.

iainkey

Quote from: bernardsfingers on 29 August, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: Paul Moore on 29 August, 2017, 07:24:24 PM
Forbidden Planet in Glasgow sells the Hatchette Dredd mega collection (along with the marvel stuff too) as single collections, it might be worth checking your local comic shops, if you missed them
I think I'm going to try & add to the Judge Dredd collection on the cheap rather than buying them at full price.

For anyone interested, the JDMC bundles I bought were from eBay (example here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322586278155) & seem pretty cheap (although listing says minor cover damage, which doesn't really bother me).

I see someone is selling JDMC issues 1-41 on Gumtree for £100 which seems like a bargain for someone, although it's no good for me as I'm nowhere near the seller.

I'll look in the local FP for particular issues later on when I've worked out what ones I actually want so cheers for the recommendation.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Whilst a reader for over 30 years I've only just signed up / subscribed to the new collection. It's peaked my interest in the JD collection too and managed to get one of the bundles containing 8 JDMC issues and 2 Marvels. I emailed the seller and sadly he's not planning on getting more in but here is hoping. I wouldn't want every issue of the JDMC but there are a few!

karlos

Iain - if you only want odd issues, try the Hatchette website and order straight from them - free delivery on orders of over £25:

https://hachettepartworks.com/judge-dredd-the-mega-collection

Arkady

Seems to have been confirmed that Issue 2 has slipped to the 13th - no explanation as to why. Wanting to keep Issue 1 on the shelves for longer? Have they given more away by subscription than expected and are short of shelf stock?

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 07 September, 2017, 10:23:24 AM
Seems to have been confirmed that Issue 2 has slipped to the 13th - no explanation as to why. Wanting to keep Issue 1 on the shelves for longer? Have they given more away by subscription than expected and are short of shelf stock?
Yes had that feedback on FB, god knows the reasoning. No other series has had issue one out for three weeks.

Timothy

The big issue with the slippage is that, unless there is a 3 week gap until issue 3 too, we will be getting this and the mega collection on the same week for some time. That's going to hurt the wallet.

Tomwe

Quick chat with Hachette customer services says 2 issues every four weeks for subscribers, so hopefully those customers won't see a delay. They said they had no information regarding newsagents.

For newsagent customers twitter's 2000AD says they held it back a week "to make sure everyone could get a copy" and that each following issue will be every two weeks.

Le sigh.

Hello, I have heard that Issue 2 will not be out until 13th September
Is this true?

Tirego
Hi. Should you be a subscriber, issue 2 has already been dispatched together with issue 1 on the 1st delivery.

You
I'm asking about newsagents, sorry. Do you have that information?

Tirego
Unfortunately, we are not affiliated with the news agents and do not aquire this information.

You
OK, how about this: will subscribers get their second delivery 28 days after their first?

Tirego
It is a fortnightly collection, so every 4 weeks 2 issues are dispacthed

Convo with Tharg:
https://twitter.com/tomwe/status/905725023092080641

abelardsnazz

Hmmm, alternate weeks to the MC would have been much better, for wallet and reading purposes.

Also confirmed on Facebook, there will be 2 Ace Trucking volumes, the first of which will be issue 21.

bernardsfingers

Quote from: iainkey on 07 September, 2017, 08:45:01 AM
Quote from: bernardsfingers on 29 August, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: Paul Moore on 29 August, 2017, 07:24:24 PM
Forbidden Planet in Glasgow sells the Hatchette Dredd mega collection (along with the marvel stuff too) as single collections, it might be worth checking your local comic shops, if you missed them
I think I'm going to try & add to the Judge Dredd collection on the cheap rather than buying them at full price.

For anyone interested, the JDMC bundles I bought were from eBay (example here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322586278155) & seem pretty cheap (although listing says minor cover damage, which doesn't really bother me).

I see someone is selling JDMC issues 1-41 on Gumtree for £100 which seems like a bargain for someone, although it's no good for me as I'm nowhere near the seller.

I'll look in the local FP for particular issues later on when I've worked out what ones I actually want so cheers for the recommendation.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Whilst a reader for over 30 years I've only just signed up / subscribed to the new collection. It's peaked my interest in the JD collection too and managed to get one of the bundles containing 8 JDMC issues and 2 Marvels. I emailed the seller and sadly he's not planning on getting more in but here is hoping. I wouldn't want every issue of the JDMC but there are a few!
I bought 2 bundles of 10 JDMC books from that seller so got 20 books for £50, although I've ended up with 2 copies of issues 1-5. I'm pretty happy with them, some of the covers are slightly damaged (ie a corner is bumped, or there's a knock to one of the edges) but the actual pages are perfect. 15 books for £50 works out at only £3.33 each, & there's a lot of good stuff in the ones I got. I just need to find someone to trade the 5 duplicates with.