Main Menu

Best non-Wagner Dredd

Started by Huey2, 17 November, 2007, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

I loved the story 'Old Pals Act' where Grant had Dredd hunting down Wagner.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JayzusB.Christ

'Compare and contrast with "Roadkill" which is kinda' let down at the end where Dredd is an unbelievable shit to an old guy who has been nothing but a victim.'

Not only that but Dredd decides to let the flying car kill all the crime bosses so the judges don't have to. Dredd allowing perps to carry out killings to save the judges trouble? Not a chance. Still, though, I like Smith's Dredd. He has a good stab at the 'craze' type stories too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Huey2

"I rather like Smith's attempts at Dredd, apart from Fetish perhaps."
To be fair to John Smith, the early episodes of "Fetish" had a huge re-write by David Bishop.
They felt kinda' rushed and cramped compared to the later episodes.

- Huey

TordelBack

The Smith Luna-1 Zombie-Dredd story is a good 'un too.  And I'd offer another vote for Grant's 'John Casavettes is Dead'.

JayzusB.Christ

Yeah, that John Cassavetes one was excellent alright. He had another couple of great ones; I liked 'Politics' (if i remember the name correctly) and the other one about the paralysed man with the pet monkey.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"