Main Menu

JAWS The Exhibition - August 08

Started by esoteric ed, 27 July, 2008, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoteric ed

Hello all, just a "heads" up that I have an exhibition featuring selections from my vast JAWS memorabilia collection on display throughout August here in Liverpool.

//http://www.microzine.co.uk/staticEvents.do

//http://www.artinliverpool.com/index.php/shops/148-microzine/629-microzine-jaws

The exhibition will be held in Microzine in Bold Street, Liverpool city centre and admission is free.
There is a VIP night this coming Thursday to launch it all and there are a few spaces are left if anyone would like to attend.
You can contact me at mailto:jawsmoderator@yahoo.co.uk">jawsmoderator@yahoo.co.uk if you require more information.

I hope everyone is keeping well and I see it's all change here!

//http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/83440/micjawpomo2.jpg

Ed

Richmond Clements

That looks superb, Ed!

Wish I could go.

johnnystress

Deadly

I'll be heading to Liverpool to see the Klimt exhibition so I'll make sure and catch this too

TordelBack

What's this Kilmt exhibition you speak of, johnnystress?  The missus is a massive Jaws fan, and would love to see Ed's exhibition, but we need just a tad more pull-factor to brave the Irish Sea in these penny-pinching times.  Klimt might just tip the scales.

johnnystress

//http://www.tate.org.uk/liverpool/exhibitions/gustavklimt/
To celebrate 2008 as European Capital of Culture Tate Liverpool is delighted to present the first comprehensive exhibition of Gustav Klimt's work ever staged in the UK.

The exhibition focuses on the life and art of one of the world's most influential and revered artists. It will explore Klimt's role as the founder and leader of the Viennese Secession, a progressive group of artists and artisans. The work and philosophy of the Secession embraced art, architecture, fashion, dazzling decorative objects and furniture in their search for identity.

Major paintings and drawings from all stages of Klimt's career will be shown alongside the work of Josef Hoffmann, the architect and designer and a close friend of the artist.

Tickets now on sale.

TordelBack

Thank you kind sir-with-a-'c', I believe that may be us sold.  I love a good meaty thigh half-wrapped in exquisitely patterned fabric as much as the next man.  

This may affect plans for Hi-Ex though... the dwindling kitty ain't getting any fuller... but at least this has stuff for us both, rather than a rather disingenuous "I hear that Highlands are lovely at that time of year". "What remains to be seen", heh-heh-heh.

Anyone been to the Maritime/Slavery museum in Liverpool?  Is it worth a look?  Or indeed a 'loook'.

Richmond Clements

QuoteThis may affect plans for Hi-Ex though

WHAT..???

TordelBack

Ooops, I said the quiet part loud....

Fear not, yer Lordship, the good ship TordelCo might be sailing in calmer financial waters by then (assuming we don't run into that bloody great shark), and maybe both fans will be appeased.  I oncemanaged to get a trip to Cape Canaveral (wow - just wow) off the back of a Xena convention in Orlando, so I'm an old hand at playing our respective fandoms off one another to my .. errr our advantage.

Richmond Clements

Good man!

Don't panic- I know only too well the turbulent waters of family finance!

Did I mention Mick McMahon and Frank Quietly?

esoteric ed

Many thanks and I hope anyone visiting enjoys it all.

Ed

Roger Godpleton

Can we visit wearing nothing but speedos? If not you can forget it.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

I'd thought I might combine a day of exhibitions in Liverpool with a weekend in North Wales (happy memories of Colwyn Bay), but Cheeses Crust, it costs about €500 to put the car on the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead in August!  (Or a few bob cheaper direct to Liverpool for a >7 hour crossing, but that seems like a long haul to hop a puddle).   So it looks like fast ferry'n'train at a more reasonable €160 for the three of us.  I'm sorta thinking of heading Saturday morning, coming back Monday evening, so some questions for you natives:

How reliable is the rail service on a Saturday (Holyhead-Chester / Chester-Liverpool)?  You hear stories...
How "open" is Liverpool on a Sunday?  I hate having one day in a city and finding everything's closed and there's no public transport running.
What's a good option for a seaside-fun stop-off for a Toddler on that train line?  I haven't been to Bangor for 20 years, worth it for a paddle'n'cone (completing the Jaws theme)?  Train station close to the sea/bus?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

TordelBack

Err, I meant Colwyn Bay for a paddle, not Bangor.  But any advice is welcome!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "TordelBack"I'd thought I might combine a day of exhibitions in Liverpool with a weekend in North Wales (happy memories of Colwyn Bay), but Cheeses Crust, it costs about €500 to put the car on the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead in August!  (Or a few bob cheaper direct to Liverpool for a >7 hour crossing, but that seems like a long haul to hop a puddle).   So it looks like fast ferry'n'train at a more reasonable €160 for the three of us.  I'm sorta thinking of heading Saturday morning, coming back Monday evening, so some questions for you natives:

How reliable is the rail service on a Saturday (Holyhead-Chester / Chester-Liverpool)?  You hear stories...
How "open" is Liverpool on a Sunday?  I hate having one day in a city and finding everything's closed and there's no public transport running.
What's a good option for a seaside-fun stop-off for a Toddler on that train line?  I haven't been to Bangor for 20 years, worth it for a paddle'n'cone (completing the Jaws theme)?  Train station close to the sea/bus?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Train services in that neck of the woods are not really any different to anywhere else only there are less trains per hour or only 1 train per hour or 45 minutes.

Chester/Liverpool can get a bit rough but mostly at night or if there has been a football match .Just loads of Geezers and Chav/Scallys so keep a loaded gun or some other sort of offensive weapon and you should be fine.

Its not really that bad but its a bit grim.

The heavy scouse accent and dialect is unpenetrable sometimes as the only words i could understand were Fuck etc.

Fuucchhk !!

Liverpool is alright on a sunday.Loads of Cafes.I havent been for a while but i have never seen so many cafes in one place [the bohemian bit to the left of the main shopping precinct when you facing it when you walk downhill away from Liverpool Lime St .Its not a big city centre and its easy to see it all in one day

and some fantastic georgian architecture just next to the station.

hope this helps but i had nothing else to do or i am simply delaying what i should be doing.

I like Liverpool.

Just avoid the shitty downmarket side to the town centre to the right of the precinct if you are facing the river as the shops get cheaper then further on from there there is nothing to see at all.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death