Main Menu

Great Movie Endings

Started by esoteric ed, 12 February, 2004, 07:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoteric ed

What might yours be? I rate the final shot of the original Planet of the Apes feature as one of the finest movie endings ever, stark and startling imagery, great movie all around.

Edhttp://home.earthlink.net/~marklowe/obsessions/statue_of_liberty.jpg">

VampiraJen

i watched this once and refused to again after finding out what an arse charlton "from my cold dead hands" Heston is.  But yeah, it is pretty amazing.

Anyone see jaws tonight?  "SMILE YOU SON OF A BITCH!"  BOOOOM!

esoteric ed

lol, Chuck had a great story though when he said that during the making of the movie, when it came to food breaks the Gorillas would sit on one table, the Chimps on another etc, no one knew why!!?

I can't watch JAWS on the small screen Jen, totally ruins the experience, but this is the obsession I live with.

Ed

Rosso

corny as hell, though, dontyathink? I don't think even tharg would accept this idea if one of his droids submitted it as a future shock!

VampiraJen

the changed the ending for tim burtons 'revisualisation' or whatever the crap he called it.  haven't seen it though.  was it the lincon memorial or something?

rc

Corny?

No, brilliant idea!

As a Future Shock, it would have been a winner.

Steamboy

The end of Memento blew me away, total character switch around didn't even see it comming.

CU Krestel

Smiley

Aw, it's only corny through being a classic. (The "re-imagining" was a nonsensical abortion which seemed bent on proving the same trick couldn't be played twice.)

Back on topic, the ending of Escape From New York always cheers me up.

VampiraJen

can we do openings too?  No?

Jen (yells as she is dragged away):  Gandalf fighting the balrog!!!

Steamboy

if we're doing openings I'd go for Nightcrawlers attack on the White House in Xmen2, rest of the movie couldn't quite match up to the speed and choreography of that opening fight.

CU Krestel

VampiraJen

true, that was supremely cool...personally i'm looking ahead to the day rogue flies through the streets of new york...but the character is somewhat underused in the movies...sigh...

VampiraJen

while on the subject of x2, i thought the ending was good, what with jean going all pheonix-y...already fantasising about x3...:)

Steamboy

yeah, I heard in an interview there were plot hooks all through Xmen 2 for another one. I agree didn't think Rouge of Iceman were used enough I wanted to see Iceman surfing through the streets on waves of ice like the comic, still they really only became Xmen at the end so more for number three. Collossus wasn't in it enough too just a teaser damn it... my guess for new mutants in Xmen 3 - Collossus, we,ve already seen him
       - Gambit, Remmy Lebaue(sic)on strykers files(along with a heap of less known mutants)
       - Beast, Cant see how Dr Hank McCoy becomes Beast but he was in 2 for a flash..
not sure about bad guys but I'd like to see SabreTooth back, maybee Juggernaught definatly should have Sentinals in it...
Ahh the dreams...

CU Krestel

Richmond Clements

I'd say Escape from New York, too.

Or Se7en, or The Usual Suspects.

Last of the V8's

My all time fave movie ending has to Planet of the apes.
It sends shivers down my spine everytime I see it.
Followed by the climax in Jaws & the end of Star Wars episode 4, oh and Mad Max 2.