Main Menu

The Birth of Darth Vader

Started by esoteric ed, 12 March, 2004, 04:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoteric ed

Came across this link for any fans of the Force...

(sourced from the Daily Mirror)

Ed

Link: http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/anakin_uk_paper.jpg" target="_blank">(Image Spoiler)

longmanshort

An insider said: "It's awesome."

Wow, I'd love to get paid to sit and come up with shite quotes like that ... instead, I have to ACTUALLY TALK TO PEOPLE AND WRITE DOWN WHAT THEY SAY!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I have anything against those in the national press ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Wils

Poor burnt Anakin looks like a Freddy Kruger/Lena Zavaroni genetic hybrid.

Dudley

Freddy Kruger/Lena Zavaroni/Terminator

Mr D

Looks darker doesn't it?

I remain very doubtful, but could it MAYBE be good?

Even excellent?

esoteric ed

I'd never have guessed this was from the next Star Wars movie from viewing the large image alone, darker sided indeed.

Ed

paulvonscott

I'm finding it hard to give a damn, it just makes me feel sick.

esoteric ed

You not a fan Paul? I like the original trilogy and found the last 2 entertaining in an old fashioned kinda way (but I never saw them on the big screen), I'm just curious as to how it'll all piece together.

Ed

Queen Firey-Bou

eww minging !

well sod it i'm still enjoying the films. tho i am very confused & simply can't be arsed trying to understand the continuity stuff, maybe theres a female 'soap watching' gene, that predisposes us to muddled guff ?

paulvonscott

Well, I enjoyed the first three movies, the first one a lot, the second some, and the third a bit.

Seems to be on some law of diminishing returns really, the new movies aren't much fun to me, I just want some space adventure.

I don't mind if kids like 'em, but that means we have to have the first three movies remade to appeal to kids every few years.

Annekin just seems a bit gross, I thought it would be, I dunno, more dramatic, less gory.

Ah well, I'll go and see it anyway no doubt.

VampiraJen

i have to be honest and say that while i enjoyed the origional trilogy, it never really blew me away that much, so as you can imagine, i don't much like the prequils and care not a jot now as to how annikan became darth vader...

ESCUBRIA

The prequels are on a par with the Stallone Judge Dredd film..., utter shite.

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

In these cynical times, does anyone honestly believe the new film will be met with anything other than 'knowing' derision?

By that I mean Lucas has had his day, but at least is it evident he is still game enough to put his all into the prequels.

It doesn't mean Episode 3 will be as fabulous as it possibly could be, but I think it's important to enjoy these films for what they are without taking acting and plot too seriously.

Anyone reckon the sequels to Episode 4 were received with such scepticism? What if The Phantom Menace had been released in 1977, and A New Hope in 1999?

Steamboy

I can't wait my self, probably be a bit dissapointed but that image has my hope up.

CU Krestel

ESCUBRIA

I'm cynical about these film because they cost so much and the last thing Lucas seems to concentrate on is the first thing he should try and get right, namely the story.

I mean if he expects people to sit and watch a 2 and a quarter hour film, not to mention 3 of them over several years, the best way to keep them interested and deeply uncritical is to at least invest in some characterisation and story. If he had done this he would have made far more money and gained more fans and not lost the thousands of loyal fans that have dissed him due to the crap he has put his name to over the last decade.

I can't enjoy the prequels for what they are because they really are crap and embarrasing, no one believes in these films, not even the actors. In the original films at least we could believe the actors who were playing in that world and still laugh at the dark humour of Vader.

No one seems to react to anything in the new films because they had nothing to react to or even move with. No drama, no structure, no sets, nothing. What a waste.

Lucas has no regard for the internal workings of his own false mythology, it's full of contradictions. And if these films are meant for kids, what kids really need is good structure so they can follow the story without getting confused by arse numbingly boring political intrigue that ends up as a waste of good action, dramatic and visual.

Lucas is basically a lazy film-maker, he commissions other people to do all the design work and everything else and then he comes up with the worst scripts. He shoots for 2 months every 2 years and then gets all his editors and effects people to put the life into his films. He is not really a director but a super producer and marketing man.

Peter jackson made three excellent 3 hour plus films in five years and we are still waiting for Lucas the snail to finish his trilogy. Jackson also proved the Lucas theory wrong that the darker your films get the less money they make. Lord of the Rings got progressively darker, film by film, and also became progressively richer too.