Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 30 January, 2019, 09:46:23 PM
No, they do that to avoid blocks of stories being released in one go. It's so for instance that themed books like Anderson, Dark Judges, Day of Chaos, Devlin Waugh etc were spread out.

The same is true with the 2000ad collection, so you'll not get all Slaine or Rogue trooper or whatever, the collection varies. War on the streets was issue 90, the last one sold but the spine was 88. This shows up on the Wikipedia entry.
"War On The Streets" was the last book to be issued, therefore it's issue 90. It is volume 88 (spine). They have it correct in their statement.

Jade Falcon

Still, I wonder if someone, somewhere might be getting it confused as when I first phoned them they asked the book number and the person on the other end didn't seem to get the distinction between issue and volume. However this time I sent some pictures of the text. It really is noticeable that some of the art is a bit too 'black', and heavy handed.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Perhaps post images here. It might just be shitty repro. That was rare in the collection, but there were several cases where the repro was terrible. However, there were also some misprinted/poorly printed pages. I had two volumes where random pages had greys instead of blacks, and Total War had some misalignment problems.

Jade Falcon

I tried phoning them again and the phone operator had such a heavy accent it was impossible to make out what he was saying. Twice I heard the word replacement, and I tried pointing out that I had already had a replacement with the exact same problems.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

I'm on my phone right now and not sure how to post images on the board.

I tried phoning yet again using a landline and Jesus, what an ordeal. There's heavy distortion on the line and you can barely make out one word on ten. The woman on the other end said there was no problems, and I insisted there was as both my original book from Smith's and the replacement they sent had the exact same problems.

The thing that really does get me is in so many years of Dredd, if those stories don't have any better source material, and with the dross that's been released as well as the really good stuff, surely they could have done better. It makes it feel like a case of "last issue so we don't have to try too hard".

Mattofthespurs

Speaking to Hachette on the phone is a real trial.
I recently ordered some copies of Marvel's Mightiest Heroes and as the order was £50 I was entitled to next day dispatch and delivery in 3-5 days. Suffice to say after 2 weeks they had not arrived. Contacted the call centre and after 15 mins of to-ing and fro-ing got confirmation they would be here on Monday. Monday came and went and nothing doing so contacted them on Facebook. They re-ordered them for me within 24 hrs. They then came back and said because off delays at their warehouse I would not have them until next week...They turned up this morning, two days later.

Their FB CS is much better at getting things done but they just don't know how they do it!  :lol:

Jade Falcon

The trouble I find with the Facebook customer service is that now they generally just give you the phone number and email, both of which seem equally useless.

IndigoPrime

I've not had issues on Facebook with replacements at least. They really need to rethink their expectations for delivery, though. When you're paying for expedited delivery and the books don't show up, that's not OK.

Jade Falcon

Well maybe straight out replacement are ok, maybe it's different if other issues are brought up.

Jade Falcon

Those goddamn morons.....

I got a delivery today.  Despite repeatedly emphasising the difference between issue and volume number I got issue 88/volume 84 Crazy Town sent through.

Are they totally brain dead there.

Jade Falcon

Is there any way to get to someone with half a brain. I get a message saying to phone the company and ask to speak to the client relations or manufacturing team and some very rude woman says that they don't take calls. She then outright lies and says there is no problems with issue 90. I had sent an email with images and got the exact same generic email back.

IndigoPrime

Which pages do you have a problem with? Let me know and I'll upload some shots from my copy, so you can at least compare and see if it's a problem with your copy, the repro, or the entire run.

Steve Green

BTW there was apparently some sort of focus group/survey thing a couple of weeks back about doing a range of figures...

Not a subscriber so didn't get the e-mail.

Not sure it's a big enough market for that sort of thing, but interesting to see if it flies.

Tjm86

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 February, 2019, 02:41:12 PM
Not sure it's a big enough market for that sort of thing, but interesting to see if it flies.

That's what the Wright Brothers' critics said ...

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 February, 2019, 02:26:41 PM
Which pages do you have a problem with? Let me know and I'll upload some shots from my copy, so you can at least compare and see if it's a problem with your copy, the repro, or the entire run.

It seems that pretty much all of Block War is fine.

The main problems are....

Th Body Sharks page 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11

Perp Runners page 3, 6, 9, 10

Umpty Baggers page 4, 5

Psychos Page 9, 10, 11, 12

Numbers Racket 4