Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Quote from: JamesC on 17 February, 2015, 10:28:20 AM
What about Diana and that tunnel though eh?  ;)

Thats no way to speak about the peoples princess! No matter who is responsible for 9/11 it is currently the most amazing telly I have ever seen. I think it will only be topped if the rapture occurs in my lifetime and is on BBC news 24.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

The JFK conspirac[ies] I took as read as a kid - the only question was which one. I fancied the FBI myself, but I could be persuaded to the Mafia. My belief hinged on the 'holes' that every C4 documentary, magazine and Costner soliloquy harped on about, if you couldn't explain every coincidence and unidentified blur completely then deep and sinister currents must be the logical cause  - as opposed to the usual fog of life.

Ultimately however it came down to deciding whether a surprisingly fine piece of shooting from a known marksman and all-round nutter was more unlikely than a convoluted mess involving hundreds of people conspiring and fudging and  bumping each other off while keeping totally silent about it. And not to drag this rather good run of posts backwards, but that's exactly what the WTC asks of us:  nasty bastards with pilot training and what you could actually see happening on your telly that awful day, versus a secret industry of hundreds of US citizens prepared to murder thousands of their own in the most complex and public way imaginable and (in stark contrast to every other revealed US abomination) not get found out. Oh, plus the planes and their hijackers too.

Famous Mortimer

Your second paragraph brings us to people like the woman who survived one of the bombs on 7/7, and went to a meeting of conspiracists who insisted, to her face, that not only had the attacks not happened, but she was an NWO stooge for daring to pretend they had. That's an impressive amount of denial right there.

When you have people like...what's her name? Madeline Albright? One of Bush's top people...answering the question "was the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children worth it?" with "yes", then you realise they don't really need to invent elaborate and monstrous justifications to go to war. They just don't care.

Reading about JFK (and I've read more books than I care to remember), the fascinating thing about it is not the facts of the case, but the way people have misused those facts. The Oliver Stone movie fellow, Jim Garrison, took a pile of lies based on lies based on a half-remembering of a fragment of evidence and made a case against a chap who had nothing whatsoever to do with any of it. The jury immediately acquitted the guy, of course.

Richmond Clements

QuoteYour second paragraph brings us to people like the woman who survived one of the bombs on 7/7, and went to a meeting of conspiracists who insisted, to her face, that not only had the attacks not happened, but she was an NWO stooge for daring to pretend they had. That's an impressive amount of denial right there.

Isn't there a brilliant (as if there's any other kind) Jon Ronson piece on this?

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richmond Clements

I could be wrong, but I *think* it's a chapter in The Psychopath Test about David Shayler and the whole 7/7 thing.

radiator

I'd be genuinely interested to hear that Popular Mechanics podcast if anyone has a link? Can't seem to find it anywhere online.

James Stacey

Has this been posted yet ?
If so here it is again.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 February, 2015, 02:39:51 PM
QuoteYour second paragraph brings us to people like the woman who survived one of the bombs on 7/7, and went to a meeting of conspiracists who insisted, to her face, that not only had the attacks not happened, but she was an NWO stooge for daring to pretend they had. That's an impressive amount of denial right there.

Isn't there a brilliant (as if there's any other kind) Jon Ronson piece on this?
I can't find the original thing, but there's a summary of it here-

http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/comments/2tgnge/the_cyberstalking_of_london_bombing_victim_rachel/

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 February, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
I could be wrong, but I *think* it's a chapter in The Psychopath Test about David Shayler and the whole 7/7 thing.

I knew Dave Shaylor at uni (before he went mental obvs) - he was editor of the student paper and a bit of a local hero for publishing extracts of Spycatcher when it was still banned.

Re the Kennedy assassinations, I remember seeing a documentary about the killing of Bobby Kennedy years ago - there were lots of suspicious activity - files being destroyed and evidence 'lost' etc, but they came to the conclusion that the murder was indeed committed by a lone nutter, but every branch of the government, police or security services was frantically covering up by instinct on the assumption that someone else was up to something dodgy

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 17 February, 2015, 04:44:20 PM
I'd be genuinely interested to hear that Popular Mechanics podcast if anyone has a link? Can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Seems to have gone! I'll have a look around my hard drives to see if I kept a copy, but I can't promise anything.

However there are loads of articles that address any 'mysteries' on the site.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a6384/debunking-911-myths-world-trade-center/

Richmond Clements

Famous Mortimer

David Shayler came to do a meeting for our local Stop The War Coalition group, must be 10 years ago now. He seemed okay at the time but when he was having a cigarette outside his conversation changed to be all about him and the dark forces massing against him. Poor chap.

Spikes

Satanist

I cant link to youtube from work but the video of an elderly Buzz Aldrin punching a moon landing conspiracy nutter is awesome!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?