Main Menu

Prog 1582: YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!

Started by Mardroid, 12 April, 2008, 09:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

My prog came today. That's rare for me, it usually comes Monday.. (and to be honest I kind of wish it had as it gives me something to look forward too... but it was a nice surprise nonetheless.)

I know this is in the spoiler section, but as it's early I'll use spoiler tags...

Cover:  Quite interesting and dynamic. Very different kind of art to the PJ Holden/Eva De La Cruz stuff in the strip. Kolnikov looks more ragged on the Nick Percival cover.., although the perspective of his gun and left arm doesn't look quite right to me, as if the gun is off centre in relation to the hand. Very detailed though.

Thrills of the Future: Strontium Dog: Blood Money.
2 interesting looking characters in that picture. Johnny looks younger (makes me wonder if this is a back-flash) and I think the one on a left is a woman but not... too...sure.

Judge Dredd:  Very interesting new start to a new strip.  Nice art. Without spoiling much, some villain threads have already been established.. and looks like they're going to be tied in a claustrophobic way. Too early to tell yet though.  Interesting macabre characters (ugly characters drawn beautifully).

Savage: Simple but ok. Getting a bit repetitive though but I wasn't bored with it. Can't help thinking though that if I, a relative newcomer find it repetitive, something new should be thrown in though. Curious what the old stories were like.

Dead Eyes: A gradual but interesting continuation.

Ten Seconders:  Ok. Gets a bit confusing with jumping around between threads, but some interesting stuff still. Those guys who found the artifact... was that at the ruins of the destroyed ship thing a couple of weeks back?  Saucy new/old character too...

Dead Signal: Nice actiony continuation, and a amusing gag or two too. I love the colourful slightly toony art too.

All in all a good one I think.

Mardroid

OK, I just notice someone beat me to it. To be fair I did check the Spoiler and Reviews sections first but it seems it was put in the General section. (Sigh).

Anyway http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=22302&Replies=8">
Link

Buttonman

Adjust your site setting to what I was advised to do on the thread below and all will become clear at all times!

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=22298&Replies=21" target="_blank">Big Board