Main Menu

If I had a time machine I would...

Started by LARF, 31 March, 2005, 06:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

...go forward in time to watch The Watchmen Movie.

Link: http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/special/watchmen/" target="_blank">Empire first view of Watchmen Movie

Funt Solo

I love the way the writer describes a giant owl costume as "very 80s"...did I miss a trend?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Oh my god - the person who wrote this article is a complete arse!

SPOILERS

He says "fans of the graphic novel will know that a cataclysmic event takes place at the climax".  Yes, and now so does everyone who reads your article you spoilering buffoon!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Conexus

and if I had a time machine, I'd go forward by about a month and watch Hitchhiker's guide

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dudley

If I had a Time Machine I'd go back to fourth form and punch Tom Windows very hard indeed.  Then I'd quite possibly kidnap him and remove him from my own time-stream altogether.

Bugger, is that a paradox I see before me?

Matt Timson

Am I the only one shallow enough to win the lottery every week then?
Pffft...

Max Kon

if I had a time machineI'd go back in time to stop my family losing any of it's vast fortune. And take a larger ammount of it and use it to buy shares in newly formed IBM and Microsoft. And when I return to now I would be the richest man in the world.

Banners

During the third year, I'd have gone out with Karen instead of Sarah.

M@

House of Usher

I would go back and take holidays in the romanticised Golden Age of my youth, eat mint-choc Dalek ice lollies and Orange Sparkles, visit all the places I used to know that are now buried under tarmac, sample vintage thrill-power at source, and engineer things so that I would be fantastically rich and contented upon my return to the present.
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Actually Max, I imagine it'd be hard to make that kind of change and still exist.  My Great Granddad (I think) invented the machine that re-soles shoes and was set to be a millionaire (which meant a lot more then than it does now).  After being deluged with begging letters, he decided to sell the patent instead for (I *think*- but don't quote me) 20k- which again, was worth a lot more in those days.

I've always thought it would be great to go back in time and get him to keep the patent and become a multi millionaire, before realising that if that was the case, there's no way on Earth that my Mum would've met- let alone married- my Dad.

Holy time paradox!  Wiped from history by my own greed!
Pffft...

Dudley

If I Had A Time Machine I'd... go back in time and find the 18-year-old Stephen Hawking.  First, I'd prove to him that the machine worked.  Then I'd refuse to tell him how, and transport out, leaving behind a tape recording of my voice, laughing and shouting in a manic fashion: "You'll never understand!"

House of Usher

Of course, it goes without saying that I would have to make a stop-off to supply my teenage self with a list of names and dates pointing out where there was a guaranteed shag to be had if only I had been paying attention.

But, yes, you shouldn't meddle with stuff like that or it might change the future. Far safer to stick with Dalek ice lollies and enjoying the sunshine.
STRIKE !!!

Pyroxian

>eat mint-choc Dalek ice lollies

Mmm... Dalek Death-rays...

Personally I'd just stock up on those rare action figures, comics and toys and then make a killing on e-bay when I returned to the future.

Steve

Jared Katooie

I'd act as a tutor to my past self and help to capitalise on all the cool crap I missed in the past.