Main Menu

redesign dredd

Started by psycho_slaughterman, 20 June, 2005, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

"buggering hell it wont go big again..."

I keep receiving junk email that you might find helpful...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Conexus

old un's are the best ;)

psycho_slaughterman

first let me explain why i thought woolly was being sarcastic, the pic was really huge on my screen when the post came in and then after i replied it went teenie, now second i cant get the dredd pic any bigger so ill have to do it again later and third here is not so much a redesign but my concept of rogue, what do you think, one of my problems is the shading i usually never get a defenite light source.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/psycho_slaughterman/rogue.jpg">

Oddboy

I was about to say that that's a rubbish Dredd design... but then I read your post & see that it's actually a pretty good Genetic Infantryman redesign. Not sure we need Rogue redesigned again, but if it had to be done, then that's a fine take on it.
Better set your phaser to stun.

psycho_slaughterman

thanks odd boy, ishould also have my look a likes up today as well.

psm

Spaceghost

why is rogue wearing ten million belts? and is that his brain peeking through his helmet? other than that it's cool and the shading looks good.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dark Jimbo

I do like his gun, that's a funky design
@jamesfeistdraws

Bico

How do you muck with a classic design, though?  One that's so ingrained in your psyche as the definitive version of any given character that your mind reels at the sacrilidge of it?  For every Batman Begins-type update of a classic character that manages to bring something new to the table (even if it's only the interpretation within a specific medium), there's a Battlestar Galactica.  It takes some effort to make new Cylons that are actually LESS scary than a bloke wearing tinfoil - and less realistic, to boot (the show's okay - the cgi Cylons just let the side down).
How about...

Judge/Dredd
Jake Dredd is a cop in Metro 45, a mining colony somewhere or other, where chronic unemployment is caused by big effing robots doing all the mining nowadays.  For some reason or other, some robots go on a rampage now and then, so they make big STOMPY robots for the cops to drive around in (the robots transform into cars in a Knight Rider style), but when robot-crime rears its head, they transform into big robots piloted by the coppers for big STOMPY robot action.  They call the STOMPY robot coppers 'Judges' - hence Judge/Dredd Judge and Dredd.  Do you see?
Erm... Jake's STOMPY robot partner is called Joe, and together they fight crime and try to figure out why Jake is missing two years of his life.  the only clue is Jake's ex-partner, Jack Death, who now rules the criminal underworld alongside his own STOMPY robot partner, the Dark Judge.

Here's a pic of what they might look like, which isn't very good, but it IS coloured on a computer, which is good enough for some people, these days.

Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/theboy/robotodredd.jpg" target="_blank">Shitty pic

Dark Jimbo

I laughed, I cried, I nodded thoughtfully - Bear, you don't know how much I enjoyed your post. Admit I got a bit lost during your explanation, but loved the pic (especially the mullet).

Please tell me you drew it especially for this thread - it would make my sad little day.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bico

I did indeed.  If I'd drawn it for somewhere else, I would've made more of an effort.

In my opinion, whilst the mullet should not be encouraged in reality, there aren't enough in comics.
Or big mustaches.