Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Hoping we get Helium as a back up story in the Leviathan volume. Have heard so many good things about it on these forums. That still only takes it to 130 pages so probably space for another story too.

I already picked up Cradlegrave in one of the sales so (selfishly) I'd prefer one of the other Smith tales as back up in the Revere volume. I'm sure I can find someone to pass my TPB onto if I end up with a dupe though. It's a great story so certainly deserves to be included.

War Machine is going to need something as back up to. Presumably something else from the rogue-verse.

Indigo I'd love to see that Milligan volume happen. There are still a few unknowns in that 2nd extension so fingers crossed (although I'm not holding out much hope I have to say).

IndigoPrime

The main issue with Helium is that it felt very 'part one' and we never got any more of it. The series got reprinted in the Meg floppy some time back, which made everyone thing series two was on the way, but... nothing. (See also: Brass Sun. What's going on there?)

It'll be interesting to see what War Machine is backed with. Almost the entire Fr1day run was bloody awful, and the subsequent tangled continuities mess wasn't much better either. I personally liked the Tor Cyan strips—and we know Mercy Heights is (bafflingly) being included in the UC, so perhaps that could back War Machine? I dunno.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 May, 2021, 02:49:15 PMRevere's in the (second) extension! But it's only a smidge over 100 pages, so they could easily fit something else in with it.

Is this official or just a rumour?

There are a few shorter Smith stories that might be nice to have in a hardcover volume - Danzig's Inferno, The Strange Case of the Wyndham Demon, his two Tales from Beyond Science - that might fit the "weird" vibe of Revere better than the outright horror of A Love Like Blood or Cradlegrave.

sintec

Reveres inclusion is official. From the FB page

Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Due to popular demand, we're excited to confirm that 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection will now continue to 140 issues. There will be a natural break in the spine art issue 111, but if you choose to continue collecting we have some awesome stories lined up for you including Finn, Sinister Dexter, Strontium Dogs, ABC Warriors, Brass Sun, Black Hawk, The Mean Arena, and Revere.

The Corinthian

Excellent.

I am torn about Brass Sun because it would be nice to have the complete series (to date) in one place but I already have the large format Rebellion hardcover and don't want to downsize.

Jade Falcon

I finally got round to reading Savage:Rise Like Lions and really enjoyed it.  It was nice to see a viewpoint from the Volgans in that bunker at the bridge including the youngest member who was a birdwatcher.  I start to think that the Quartz brothers are worse than the Volgans, at least you know who the villains are with the Volgans, the Quartz's are more insidious, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're partially behind the idea of the Royal Family not returning as I can see them attempting to block the US move on the oil facilities.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

I've enjoyed the collection and the extension to 111 is mostly amazing, but that list for the next 29 really doesn't excite me. Might turn into a cherry picker when 111 comes through the door.

moogie101

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 May, 2021, 10:51:16 PM
I've enjoyed the collection and the extension to 111 is mostly amazing, but that list for the next 29 really doesn't excite me. Might turn into a cherry picker when 111 comes through the door.

Was there ever a list for the second extension? I thought they just mentioned a few titles that would be included.

sintec

No complete list - just the post I copied above and the spine art which gave away a few more. Best we've got so far is:

Finn
Revere
Brass Sun
The Mean Arena
ABC Warriors
Strontium Dogs   
Blackhawk
Blunt
Rogue Trooper - War Machine
Samantha Slade
Ro-Busters
Devlin Waugh
Leviathan
Sinister Dexter

That leaves quite a few unknowns. Hopefully a bunch of those will round off series we've already had (Defoe, Stickleback, Deadworld).

Max Headroom

Hope 'Grey Area' will be completed.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 23 May, 2021, 09:56:54 AM
Hope 'Grey Area' will be completed.

Yup, you can fit the whole of it in the two books we're getting.
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Armoured Gideon's total run would put it at the heftier end of the scale for one volume, but I'd love to see it collected in hardcover. Come on Tharg, you know it makes sense.

sintec

There does seem to be a fair amount of overlap between the recent digital releases and the UC (Firekind, Revere, Mean Arena, Torture Garden, Durham Red). I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of the others (Armoured Gideon, Slaughterbowl, Flesh: Midnight Cowboys) appearing.

I do wish we knew what (if any) Dredd we're getting. It's hard to believe there won't be at least 1 more volume in that final run. I've been umming and ahhing about buying some of the recent Dredd trades (Machine Law, Gautemala) because I don't want to end up with doubles.

IndigoPrime

I would love to see an Armoured Gideon book. And, let's face it, this is the only way we'd ever get one, bar some kind of insanely expensive self-published custom job.

Richard

It would be good to have Harvey, Machine Law and Guatemala all in one volume.

Also Strontium Dog: The Son. Although I'd rather have that in the same format as the regular graphic novels collecting the rest of the series.