Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Stainless Steel Rat vs. Shakara Round 2 Heat 128

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 May, 2022, 06:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Colin: might be worth not revealing your preference in the event of a tie. That can skew things. Plus, I want Shakara to win, so. ;-D

Funt Solo

Stogie says: "Ees not as close as he theenks, senor IP".

Or

No está tan cerca como él piensa, Sr. IP.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Thanks God we all know Blakee Voting Polls is no longer acceptable...

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

You know what I love about you lot is the fact that you are still able to give like surprises. No the fact that

SHAKARA

will be seeing red in Round 3

but the fact after 127 other tie, over 5 months this very final one of Round 2 still managed to draw more votes than any other tie. Wow, thank you. I mean you'd have every right to be bored out your mind by all this by now but if the tourney gives you votes to get your teeth into you will still come in your droves. The perfect way to lay the way to Round 3!

Colin YNWA

Oh and there's one more from Rogue Judge! Doesn't change the result!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 May, 2022, 06:48:36 AM
but the fact after 127 other tie, over 5 months this very final one of Round 2 still managed to draw more votes than any other tie.

Well, this sentence confused the heck out of me until I realised that when you say "tie" you mean "contest" and not that the contests resulted in equal votes for each participant! (Not a criticism, just an observation: I don't know much about sports, so perhaps it's common to use "tie" in that context.)

That aside, you've done great work here, Colin -- looking forward to Round Three!

Magnetica

Yeah tie can be both in sport.

It generally refers to a match, especially in a cup where the pairings are drawn. For example an "FA Cup tie".

It can also mean where the scores end up the same. For example in cricket a tie is when both sides score the same number of runs with the last side batting having lost all their wickets. A draw is more usual. And in football when the match ends up with the same score, it's called a draw, not a tie.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

I've worn one quite a bit during my working life.  Can't be bothered any more ...