Main Menu

PayPal Fees and EBay Fees?

Started by EddieHitler, 29 June, 2019, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

Hello

I must admit I am not very good at maths so can someone explain to me maybe and with an example if possible, when I use eBay how much they will charge me if I sell an item and the same for Pay Pal if I use them to receive the fee from the sale of that said item.

Hope that makes sense?

Thank you

Buttonman

I think  varies based on the item and your usage of the site.

I normally allow about 20% in total for both. That along with their insistence on free postage means I rarely use the platform any more.

EddieHitler

Thank you for the reply Buttonman.

strontium71

Yeah with a sale , PayPal will automatically take their cut upon it hitting your account , which is 'around' 7-10% - like ButtonMan says , allow for 10%
eBay on the other hand is again 10% of the sold amount , but this doesn't get taken out straight away , and instead you get an invoice every month for all the sales you've done. It's very easy to forget about how much this actually adds up if you sell a lot. What I do is just keep all the money in PayPal until I know there are no more invoices due , then transfer it over to my bank. A while ago , PayPal used to charge you for the privilege. Thankfully they don't anymore!
...because I hate you.

EddieHitler

Thank s for Stront71.

I understand the pay-pal bit but I have been told that ebay also take a percentage of the postal fee you charge.

So does that mean 10% for the total amount the item sells for and the p+p or are they separate?

I hope that makes sense......again

Thank you

IndigoPrime

eBay charges for the total sales fee. This was to stop people selling things for 1p and then charging 15 quid postage.

EddieHitler