Main Menu

FFxIv : A Realm Reborn

Started by James Stacey, 05 November, 2013, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Anyone else playing ? It's unashamedly unoriginal but damn good fun and really well polished. Does the same thing every other MMO has done for 10 years but does it so well.

Bobblehead

Yeah im playing it on the PS3,really enjoying it. Took me ages to get into the controls though,and was a bit frustrated that i had to wait till level 15 to unlock my first dungeon,although admittidly by then I'd got used to the controls and my class some what,so the wait probably paid off.
  Playing a White Mage atm, Bobblehead on Lich server. Just joined my first Free Company (basically a guild) at level 38 (got a bit lonely on my own). Am now Level 41 and ready to go Stone Vigil. Loving the Main Quest chain,which has cutscenes and voice-acting,makes my character feel like hes actually involved in the world rather than just doing random quests just to reach max level.
Will see what the first raid is like then decide whether i want to continue.
Oh and i seem to be spending most of my time crafting/gathering lol reminds me of Ultima Online but without the customisation that the crafting in that had.

Top stuff!

James Stacey

I'm a paladin on Phoenix. Lvl 44 and also preparing for Stone Vigil. Im on PC with the other half on her PS3 and she spends most of the time crafting so Im waiting for her Bard to catch up and doing the occasional instance with her. Its a lot of fun and very slick. I agree with the main quest, it does a great job of making you feel special and unique I havent seen in a mmo before. I haven't even brought AC-Black Flag yet so I must be enjoying it :)