Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Ware did you get that from?

:lol:

Goaty

CrazyFoxMachine

Which the producers have described as intentionally gratuitous ...and yet they cut this one.

Goaty

Of course, there no water shower, only sonic shower in Star Trek, silly.

Trout

They're right that it's gratuitous. It's such a surprise in the film that I found it downright bizarre. I think it was a mistake to include it, even though it was perhaps balanced by my wife's "phwoar" noises every time "Ben Cum" appeared on screen.

Richmond Clements

Trout

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 23 May, 2013, 03:18:22 PM
Ahem.

Tunes help you breathe more easily.

However, I would interpret Mr Clements' post as a warning about posting such images, even if they're relevant to a genre film. Let's behave, gents.
:lol:

Goaty

"Ben Cum" ??

Brilliant!  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

Ben Cum? I'm pretty sure that's Cromer.

Richmond Clements

Indeed, My King.

I understand there will be a certain amount of testing and kicking the fence... but please don't. It'll make it easier for everyone.
As Mr Sulu said, "Test me and you will fail."

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 23 May, 2013, 03:17:40 PM
They're right that it's gratuitous. It's such a surprise in the film that I found it downright bizarre

There is solid TrekMovie precedent for inexplicable skin.  Unfortunately here it's Uhuru's toe-curling fan-dance in STV:TFF, rather than Ilia's fetching tunic in STI:TMP.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 23 May, 2013, 03:30:25 PM
Indeed, My King.

I understand there will be a certain amount of testing and kicking the fence...

Is it an electric fence?
You may quote me on that.

Trout

I reckon it's more of a problem that this discussion is taking place in the wrong thread. There is one about Star Trek: Into Darkness.

That image is from the trailer, so shouldn't spoil anything, but might have annoyed me if I was avoiding discussion of the film.

Proudhuff

This isn't the Political Correctness thread you know, now where's that signpost?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Feck's sake, I've got real fat real fast.