Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I see Kelly Brook's on holiday somewhere with a beach (source: every tabloid newspaper in the UK).

Satanist

Helping my son with his school project I have discovered that vikings did quite a bit more than shag and bevvy. I feel a bit sad now.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 June, 2013, 05:33:24 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 June, 2013, 05:02:00 PM
The end song in Donnie Darko was going to be U2's MLK. Which would have been brilliant - but they couldnt afford to licence it.
Instead we got that dreadful Mad World cover,  :(

I find Richard Kelly's first preferences not as good as what he had to settle for, initially. I think it's an indicator of how his mind and the scene was changed with the song when he didn't choose to swap Mad World for MLK in his director's cut even when he got the extra money and switched some of the other tracks.

Was it ever an option to have the tune in the DC, or did licensing issues still apply?

It could be argued that MLK would have fitted too perfectly for the closing of DD, but what the heck.
(Ive nowt really against the Mad World cover, just that when i think it could have been MLK...).

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie on 18 June, 2013, 05:42:56 PM
I see Kelly Brook's on holiday somewhere with a beach (source: every tabloid newspaper in the UK).
And people complain about fatties in the seat next to them on the plane? Imagine all that sand in your shoes.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: El Pops on 18 June, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
I think Comic Sans should be used as the internationally accepted sarcasm font

but then Jim Campbell would never be able to be sarcastic - and he's so good at it!

Goaty

And it never easy to read word in colour like red blue green yellow pink purple brown orange

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 18 June, 2013, 08:27:19 PM

And it never easy to read word in colour like red blue green yellow pink purple brown orange

Very true that, Goaty.

von Boom

Goaty

Billion pixel panoramic views of Mars from Curiosity Rover

http://mars.nasa.gov/multimedia/inte.../billionpixel/

Spikes

The Doctor Alt 8

I think I may have an allergy but I have no idea as to what...

Charlie boy

Turns out my building has a massive mouse infestation for the second time in four or so years. Like the first time, I'm only aware of this due to speaking with my neighbours because my pet cats are clearly keeping the rodents at bay. I now feel guilty for describing my cats (well, cats in general) as being parasites to others.

The Doctor Alt 8

The "spirt" in this house keeps turning the music centre on...

And four days ago... it threw a steak pie at me.

Hawkmumbler

I think i'm in love. With a vegan sausage alternative.