Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Professor Bear

Late and only vaguely relevant:

Sideshow Bob

That was proper like, totes wicked !!......
Just got to love Roger Mellie....
Great stuff, Prof....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Here are two timelines showing all the various slang terms for the penis and the vagina.

An invaluable resource, I think you'll agree.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Cheers, Pops. I could play with those for hours.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'll be slipping in bobble-whackers and whipping out doodle-dashers for weeks to come.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Quote from: Mister Pops on 17 August, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
I'll be slipping in bobble-whackers and whipping out doodle-dashers for weeks to come.

Cheeky muuna.

CrazyFoxMachine

So some friends of mine went paintballing, or ballpainting whatever you want to call it. There's this picture of all them sitting in a bunker and I notice, fairly quickly, that one of them is in full Nazi soldier gear.

...just him. No one else is dressed as anything, let alone Nazis.

No one's commented on the picture, no one's liked it and I wonder if they went the whole day just ignoring him. And then I wonder if they even knew him - if he was just there already dressed as a Nazi.

Tiplodocus

Maybe it's just a ghost of a Nazi that only shows up on photos.

Or could it be like Alexi Sayle's CANDID CARDINAL?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

I have a question.  In the new video by the rather lovely Eliza Doolittle, there are various scenes of young people in different getup.  As the song is a not-unpleasant nostalgia fest, am I to understand that these kids are clad in typical clothing of the singers youth?  Because I honestly can't tell.  Have I reached a point of cultural blindness where all fashions of the last 20 years blur into one seamless melange of tracksuits?

So very, very old.

Frank

It's all Post Modern nowadays, TordelBack; the imaginary past and the anachronistic future are happening all at once and forever, like in The Blazing World. There's someone wearing a shell suit, and Doolittle's platforms and the colour scheme of her micro skirt and shirt do a rough approximation of the Spice World era she's singing about, but if they were going for historical accuracy most of the girls would be wearing ugly All Saints combat trousers.

What really rams home the subjective and cruelly linear nature of time is the line "like Nirvana and Lauryn Hill, they were big when I was little". 

Proudhuff

Ahem...

80.5% Hindus (839 million)
13.10% Muslims (143 million)
2.31% Christians (25 million)
2.00% Sikhs (21 million)
1.94% Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and others (20 million)

I think that answers your question
DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

There are a number of these plaques between Caister and Yarmouth.
According to EON Cardboard Milk/Juice containers are bad for the environment and wind turbines help reduce the damage.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Richmond Clements

I'll send you to Belize...

TordelBack

Cheers Sauchie, I knew you'd be down with the kids.  So to speak.