Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

I hate Enders Game.  It's badly written nonsense and I'm sick of militaristic, rightwing nutjobs telling me how great it is.

IAMTHESYSTEM

For those like Temponaut that loathe cinemas blood and thunder Militarism here's some cheery news. Don't know if it's being made but he got the money for it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexcoxfilms/alex-cox-directs-bill-the-galactic-hero
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

I'm looking forward to the film of Speaker for the Dead myself.
We never really die.

The Doctor Alt 8

von Boom

Who do I complain to when a banana won't peel?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: von Boom on 05 November, 2013, 05:19:35 PM
The double entendre is to obvious for me to not make it....."warm it up in your hand a while, old palone".

Tombo

The court of a-peel....

...tumbleweeds roll past, in the distance a crow caws mournfully....

...Sorry, I'll get my coat

JamesC

Quote from: Tombo on 05 November, 2013, 06:04:37 PM

The court of a-peel....

...tumbleweeds roll past, in the distance a crow caws mournfully....

...Sorry, I'll get my coat

:lol:

Bloody good joke I reckon! Made me laugh anyway.

shaolin_monkey

You know, this reminds me of the time I nearly puked on Henry Rollins.

I went to one of his talking shows at the Edinburgh Fringe, at a really cramped and crowded venue.  He was bloody good, talking of his travels around the world, and the things that made him who he is.

Unfortunately, with only 5 mins until the end of the show, several pints, a bad burger, and the incredibly packed and sweaty auditorium made me start to heave violently.  I struggled to my feet, and squeezed out of the row.  The only way to the exit was to stagger to the front, and squeeze between the seated audience, and Rollins himself.

'Don't go man' he said. 'I'm almost done!'

'Sorry mate' I replied, 'but I'm not feeling too good.'

I then heaved up a mouthful of sick, which I had to swallow down as hard as I could.  Both Henry and the front row I was leaning over saw the urgency of the situation, and he let me go, using my rapid exit as further means to make the audience laugh.

I made it out, had a wee puke, and then felt a hell of a lot better.  However, I felt really bad that I had spoiled the climax of Rollins's show.

Wracked with guilt, when I got home I dug out his homepage, and threw him a quick email:

'Dude, I'm the guy that staggered out at the last moment.  I am so sorry for interrupting the end of your show.  I just felt really ill and had to get out of there.  I'm gutted I missed the last few minutes, and hope I didn't fuck it up for you.  If you ever hit Cardiff, drop me an email so I can come check out the whole gig.'

His reply was straight to the point:

'Hey, no worries man. You missed a great ending though.  The ceiling opened, £50 notes came down, and we all got laid.'

What a guy.

Hawkmumbler

von Boom

So in other words, a typical night for Rollins. ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 November, 2013, 08:08:00 PM
You know, this reminds me of the time I nearly puked on Henry Rollins.

I went to one of his talking shows at the Edinburgh Fringe, at a really cramped and crowded venue.  He was bloody good, talking of his travels around the world, and the things that made him who he is.

Unfortunately, with only 5 mins until the end of the show, several pints, a bad burger, and the incredibly packed and sweaty auditorium made me start to heave violently.  I struggled to my feet, and squeezed out of the row.  The only way to the exit was to stagger to the front, and squeeze between the seated audience, and Rollins himself.

'Don't go man' he said. 'I'm almost done!'

'Sorry mate' I replied, 'but I'm not feeling too good.'

I then heaved up a mouthful of sick, which I had to swallow down as hard as I could.  Both Henry and the front row I was leaning over saw the urgency of the situation, and he let me go, using my rapid exit as further means to make the audience laugh.

I made it out, had a wee puke, and then felt a hell of a lot better.  However, I felt really bad that I had spoiled the climax of Rollins's show.

Wracked with guilt, when I got home I dug out his homepage, and threw him a quick email:

'Dude, I'm the guy that staggered out at the last moment.  I am so sorry for interrupting the end of your show.  I just felt really ill and had to get out of there.  I'm gutted I missed the last few minutes, and hope I didn't fuck it up for you.  If you ever hit Cardiff, drop me an email so I can come check out the whole gig.'

His reply was straight to the point:

'Hey, no worries man. You missed a great ending though.  The ceiling opened, £50 notes came down, and we all got laid.'

What a guy.

Okay, we can close the internet now. You win.

The Doctor Alt 8

TordelBack

Puking on Henry Rollins, licking Wendy James... if I were Karl Urban I'd carry a pack of wet wipes.