Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Trout Trousers on 21 February, 2014, 02:36:23 AM
What if you were already over-acting? What if you were impersonating Shatner, and someone yelled "Shatner"?

You turn into Russell Crowe.

Hawkmumbler

Surely Nic Cage is the next logical step?

The Doctor Alt 8

Nicholas Cage could never be described as the next logical step

Goaty

Wonder if Deaf people can do lie detector on Jeremy Kyle Show? If they fail, blame the interpreter!

Trout

Quote from: Goaty on 21 February, 2014, 03:28:39 PM

Wonder if Deaf people can do lie detector on Jeremy Kyle Show? If they fail, blame the interpreter!

Ironically, the effectiveness of a lie detector is itself a lie.

The Doctor Alt 8

But they never mention that on Jeremy Kyle.... Do they?

Tombo

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 22 February, 2014, 03:11:11 AM
But they never mention that on Jeremy Kyle.... Do they?

Yep, a little notice runs across the bottom of the screen during those parts where they reveal the results.

I should point out I only know this because my Dad watches the show and he sometimes leaves it on when I'm in the room, honest.

The Doctor Alt 8

If I was ever on that show... ( And I would have to be tricked, drugged and have my brain removed first)

I would simply stand up and say " If lie detector tests are so accurate... How come they are not admissible in any court of law?"

But it would be edited out.

puts on Stephen Fry voice: " Interesting fact, the inventor of the lie detector test was also the creator of Wonder Woman. Who in the initial comics lost all her powers if she was ever tied up.

Goaty

Went to visit The Monument of Great Fire Of London 1666, no mentions of zombies :(

Spikes

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 21 February, 2014, 07:09:44 AM
What if you were already over-acting? What if you were impersonating Shatner, and someone yelled "Shatner"?

Or Daniel Day Lewis ('There will be Blood' is currently on the goggle box).

COMMANDO FORCES

Drinking beer while doing refresher training at work, top stuff!

Root Beer that is ;)

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 February, 2014, 01:03:38 AM
Quote from: sauchie olympics on 21 February, 2014, 07:09:44 AM

Or Daniel Day Lewis ('There will be Blood' is currently on the goggle box).

Pretty much every performance or actor ever to attract critical plaudits teeters on the brink of hilarious self parody. If you compare what De Niro was doing when he was the darling of awards juries everywhere and what he's doing in Rocky and Bullwinkle, there ain't much difference.

I'm not a fan of the style of acting favoured by The Academy, but I can't blame the likes of Day Lewis and Christian Bale for going all out to please them. I just wish they'd recognise that the mannered and misjudged performances the latter delivers in The Fighter and American Hustle are no different to the silly voices and overly earnest delivery which had them laughing up their sleeves when he was pretending to be Batman and John Connor.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 22 February, 2014, 10:45:28 PM
Went to visit The Monument of Great Fire Of London 1666, no mentions of zombies :(

It's in the City - that's monument enough to soulless cannibalism.

judda fett

Frank

WHICH COUNTRY ARE YOU?

Apparently, I'm Hungary: "You're very artistic, but also clever and sporty. You often find yourself getting very passionate about things you believe in, and you can be a little sensitive when things don't go your way". Hungary?! - this stinks!! This is total BS!!! I demand the right to take this fake and erroneous test again.