Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

I'm at my wit's end with online passwords - must have (no exaggeration) about 100 of the bloody things to remember.

I'm tempted to try out one of those automatic password generator type apps. Are they as horrendously bad an idea as they sound on the face of it?

von Boom

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 24 September, 2014, 01:06:51 AM
I'm at my wit's end with online passwords - must have (no exaggeration) about 100 of the bloody things to remember.

A common complaint from friends & colleagues alike.
The best method; have 3 passwords, and 'Tier' them:

Level 3; Stuff you don't really give a toss about (TripAdvisor, Booking.com, 2000AD Online, Ticketmaster, etc)
Level 2; "Yeah, it would be an inconvenience if this got out" (Amazon, Ebay, Play.com, PSN, etc)
Level 1; The important ones (Online banking, Paypal, etc.) I slightly modify these (changing the last letter), just in case.

Works for me anyway.

Dandontdare

I use the master password feature in Firefox for everything except stuff like my bank and paypal. I also keep a little notebook (in another room) with all my dozens of passwords recorded in case that feature ever packs up.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 September, 2014, 03:00:04 PMI also keep a little notebook (in another room) with all my dozens of passwords recorded in case that feature ever packs up.

Good to know. Good to know.

Theblazeuk

Three different passwords, tailored to the specific thing I am trying to access in a fashion I can deduce from the name of the thing in question.

Hawkmumbler

I have now been 19 for half and hour. When do I start feeling like and adult?

JamesC

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 September, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
I have now been 19 for half and hour. When do I start feeling like and adult?

I'm 37 and I still don't feel like an adult.

Proudhuff

I'm 50-odd and haven't felt an adult (or anyone else) for ages
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Did you ever wonder what Sinead from Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles would look like wearing some clothes for a change? Me neither, but Simon Davis is a fantastic portrait artist:

https://www.facebook.com/simondavispainting/posts/953745081308863

von Boom

Proudhuff

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 01 October, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

Did you ever wonder what Sinead from Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles would look like wearing some clothes for a change? Me neither, but Simon Davis is a fantastic portrait artist:

https://www.facebook.com/simondavispainting/posts/953745081308863

or indeed without:

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

SBD is extraordinary, isn't he?  Really gives the lie to the misguided notion that comics artists aren't 'real' artists.  The funny thing here is that the very solidity and distinctiveness of the charcater of Sinead in Slaine means I'm not remotely surprised to see that her model exists almost unchanged in the real world - in a way that perhaps sight of the various real-world Slaines themsleves have discombobulated me. 

Proudhuff

Love the way Dredd and D'eath are poking over the top of that painting!
DDT did a job on me