Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

This thread needs to be set to music. Perhaps the Major-General's Song by Gilbert and Sullivan.

Link Prime

Quote from: von Boom on 26 May, 2015, 02:37:35 PM
This thread needs to be set to music. Perhaps the Major-General's Song by Gilbert and Sullivan.

I'd go with Frolic; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8

The Legendary Shark

Theme tune to the Magic Roundabout, surely?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DaveGYNWA

Madhouse, by Anthrax.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Goaty

Happy 93rd birthday, Christopher Lee!

Dandontdare

some amazing prices paid for Action Man stuff: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/may/27/action-man-star-wars-figures-sell-auction - but the bit that got my attention was:
Quotea box which had once contained Star Wars figures, made £160.

Hawkmumbler

Well, for the necessaity that is my uni course I needed a new PC that didn't lag like a MF and was less than 10 years old. So one new PC later I still need to instal some antivirus, does anyone know any good free (or at least, cheap) good quality antivirus protection software?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DaveGYNWA

AVG too.

Other ideas:

Check your online banking (if you use it) as some banks provide a 1-year free license to Kaspersky, amongst others.

Check your broadband provider too, as some of them also provide a 1-year free license.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Rog69

Avast is another good free antivirus.

Theblazeuk

AVGs always done me proud. Still main thing to keep in mind - only use 1 at a time or you'll find their passive scanning blocks each other out.

Tiplodocus

Trustee Rapport (I think is the name).  Apparently one of the big tax payer owned banks has never had a single case of pc hacking fraud reported on a pc with that installed.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Theblazeuk

Rapport isn't an antivirus though, it's strictly a malware detector and it's aimed at identity protection. So useful but won't stop alot of the more basic, destructive ****storms that people have invented.

Now that I think about it computer viruses are a sorry statement on the human race.

Frank

You're reading the galaxy's 287,113rd greatest website! John 'crying' Freeman googles the world's top websites and finds that this here site is the third most viewed comics related site in the UK.

Viz is number one and Forbidden Planet is number two, so all Tharg has to do is introduce a Top Tips section and start selling Marvel comics through the post and he could make number one:

QuoteI thought I'd have a look at the documented audiences for various British comics-related web sites – both publishers and news sites – on Alexa.com, which details their world rankings. As you can see, VIZ is one of the most popular British comics-related sites on the Internet, with the ComicsUK forum also a very popular location.

Although 2000AD's world rank may be 287,113 (for comparison, Marvel Comics' rank is 3,558 and IDW Publishing's is 140,331), it's ranked at 15,283 in terms of most popular UK-only sites.

VIZ: Ranked 54,156 UK Ranked: 2,747
Forbidden Planet International: Ranked 91,760 UK Rank: 4,701
2000AD Online: Ranked 287,113 UK Ranked: 15,328
ComicsUK: Ranked 818,808 UK Rank N/A
Titan Comics: Ranked 907,419  US Rank: 201,441 UK Rank N/A
DownTheTubes: Ranked 1,038,873 UK Rank: 110,825
The Phoenix
Lew Stringer's Blimey! It's Another Blog About Comics: Ranked 1,638,877 UK Rank: 89,702
The Beano: Ranked 1,934,385 UK Rank N/A
TOXIC: Ranked 2,858,754 UK Rank N/A
Bear Alley: Ranked 3,013,284 UK Rank N/A
Commando Comics: Ranked 3,316,577 UK Rank N/A

http://downthetubes.net/?p=23055