Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 02 September, 2016, 09:36:59 PMwhen I was their age to be gay was pretty much the most shameful thing we could imagine.

Me and all... Odd when you think of it now. 
The first time I heard the word 'gay' (in its current-day meaning) was when my schoolfriend told me to 'put (my) hand on (my) hip and pretend to bounce a tennis ball'.  He roared laughing, then told schoolyard bystanders to 'look at the gay boy'.

This was when I was about 10.  He left our town soon afterwards.  I caught up with him on Facebook a couple of years ago.  He is, you guessed it, gay.  (I brought up the incident when he spoke against homophobia on Facebook - because petty, small-minded, manchild victories against a bit of harmless playground mickey-taking that happened 30 years ago are still victories for all that, y'all.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Theblazeuk

Quote from: sheridan on 02 September, 2016, 05:55:22 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 September, 2016, 05:07:48 PM
Less pleasant and less easy to avoid was the general bigotry, of a very vocal nature, throughout the rest of the city. Some very despairing remarks and the token hilarious "Why isn't there a STRAIGHT pride?!" almost became a drinking game. Sad, sad little people.
To which the answer is, there is, every other day of the year...

TBH the parade has got a bit shit in recent years

Satanist

Glasgows marchers are absolutely fabulous. They play music, have lovely orange sashes and some even wear funny hats and waistcoats. Its just a shame their pride lies in the fact they are all inbred hate-mongers.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 05 September, 2016, 04:50:44 PM
Glasgows marchers are absolutely fabulous. They play music, have lovely orange sashes and some even wear funny hats and waistcoats. Its just a shame their pride lies in the fact they are all inbred hate-mongers.
Took me a moment there. :lol:

Proudhuff

Why can't anythread stay on topic here?
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Spikes on 06 September, 2016, 10:50:44 PM
It was too hot today.
Has there ever been a more english statement than THIS?!

Hawkmumbler

Well if this job interview I have in a few weeks goes well you all might have another librarian on the board...

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 08 September, 2016, 01:12:27 PM
Well if this job interview I have in a few weeks goes well you all might have another librarian on the board...
G'luck!

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 08 September, 2016, 05:09:30 PM
G'luck!

Oook!

von Boom

Just wanted to Jack this thread good and proper.

TordelBack

And you used to be such a nice boy. This is what happens when you hang with out that awful Colin person in those New Comics Megathread dives you frequent. One moment you're just checking out how he shelves his Kirby, next thing you're up to to your 741.5s in Dewey decimals. Such a waste.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 09 September, 2016, 09:53:29 AM

And you used to be such a nice boy. This is what happens when you hang with out that awful Colin person in those New Comics Megathread dives you frequent. One moment you're just checking out how he shelves his Kirby, next thing you're up to to your 741.5s in Dewey decimals. Such a waste.
I'll be Manchesters most polite, anxiety riddled punk librarian...

...Oh wait, hang on, thats every librarian under the age of 30 in Manchester. :lol:

Dandontdare

good luck with the interview - which library is it?

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 September, 2016, 11:05:22 AM
I'll be Manchesters most polite, anxiety riddled punk librarian...

Rufus on art, Ewing to script, I'm already looking forward to the sequel.

Best of luck, Hawkie.